From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
benjaminfrank_hom
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 8:58 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Re: F-70-7-- possible stand-in for C&EI?

Elden Gatwood asked:
"I do not know the details of what you are talking about, but sure
would. What, exactly, does this Des Plaines kit model? And you say
they are still available? Why have I not seen them on their website?"

Armand has unecessarily muddied the waters on this one. The Des
Plaines kit has absolutely NOTHING to do with the subject line. It's
a model of C&EI 64000-64499, pre-war AAR boxcars with Viking roofs.
The model is a Red Caboose (ex-IMWX) pre-war AAR boxcar with a new
roof casting. More details on the prototype can be found on this
table:
http://www.steamfreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/1937aarpdfmain.html
<http://www.steamfreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/1937aarpdfmain.html>

"And what was this earlier C&EI kit from RC?"

This is the car in the original message in this thread - it's a group
of SP Class F-70-7 "look-alike" flats owned by the C&EI that Red
Caboose is offering on their HO scale F-70-7 models. Their website
has not been updated to include the F-70-7 in the HO scale kit
listings.

Ben Hom

armprem

BEN,My mother always told me to stay in my own backyard.Perhaps I should have listened.BTW....My Company Coal Reports Please.Armand Premo

[...]

jerryglow2

Oops I see the Erie and Soo are the only ones listed one their site.
It was a 10' IH AAR '37 car with Viking roof for roads using them.
You can of course add the Viking roof which they sell separately. The
flatcar in discussion is Red Caboose's SP F-70 which was also good
for (and offered) C&EI but none still available.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Gatwood, Elden J SAD "
<elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Guys;
I do not know the details of what you are talking about, but sure
would.

What, exactly, does this Des Plaines kit model? And you say they
are still
available? Why have I not seen them on their website?
And what was this earlier C&EI kit from RC?

Thanks!
Elden Gatwood

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

[...]

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Guys;

________________________________

From: "Scott Pitzer" <scottp459@earthlink.net>
I guess Red Caboose doesn't strive for Six Paint Schemes like P2K does! (C&EI would have given them #3.)
Scott Pitzer

I received the dealer newsletter today from Red Caboose and they will be offering the flat car in C&EI in RTR form only.
RR-32140 for the plastic deck. RR-32141 for the wood deck. 12 car numbers.

Terry Link
Bramalea, Ontario, Canada
trlink@canadasouthern.com
www.canadasouthern.com

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

I guess Red Caboose doesn't strive for Six Paint Schemes like P2K does! (C&EI would have given them #3.)
Well, there is pre- and post-1956 lettering for SP and T&NO (that's four) on Class F-70-6, and both SP and T&NO (transfers from Pacific Lines) for Class F-70-7. That's six right there.

Publishers of books on railroad history

jerryglow2

Maybe they're trying to justify the relative high price of the car
because they claim it's a one road car. <g>

Jerry Glow