Topics

Erie 70T #45000-class Gondola #45000-class

Justin Kahn

I'm going ahead in lettering the International one; the RailCraft one can sit in its box a year or two more. I'm coming up empty so far on finding any decals for this in O scale. I'm curious whether it was ever available commercially in HO, and whether perhaps there was an HO lettering set which could be used as the basis of producing some enlargements. Does anyone have a location for views of this class in service? #44000-series as originally built with drop-bottom doors; rebuilt in late 1930's with solid bottoms and AB brakes, renumbered to #45000.
Jace Kahn

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee´┐Ż Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

al_brown03

This isn't a picture *as a gondola*, but in Ed Crist's "Erie
Memories" (p 102) there's a view of car (H)44520 *as rebuilt to a
quad hopper*, in company (ash? coal?) service. One end is hidden by
an S-1 Berkshire, in which the photographer for some reason was
interested. :-) But most of the car's lettering shows, including the
diamond.

Al Brown
Melbourne, Fla.