Interchange/Car Service Rules Dates List

Guy Wilber

Garrett writes:

<< I have found two dates for the final outlaw of K brakes in interchange
for extant (excluding new and rebuilt cars) for the US, one says 1945,
the other says 1955. >>

This is just one of many inquiries that arises often enough to warrant a
renewal of the list that Jeff English initiated a couple years back on our list.
I would like to solicit input from the list as to what dates significant to
freight car construction, Interchange Rules and Car Service Rules that all of
you would like to see listed in chronological order. Please send your
suggestions and together we can compile a complete factual list that can be added to
the files and/or sent as a monthly update. Should we begin with 1900 and run
through 1959? Thanks for thoughts and input.

Kind Regards,

Guy Wilber
Earthquake Faults, Nevada

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Guy Wilber wrote:

I would like to solicit input from the list as to what dates significant to
freight car construction, Interchange Rules and Car Service Rules that all of
you would like to see listed in chronological order.
Excellent idea, Guy. Was there not a moderately complete list compiled some time back? It ought to be in the archives. Tim O. seems to be our best ferret in the archive, so I'd nominate him to see if it can be found.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Larry Kline

I saved one version of the dates for ARR rules: Message 7534 from Jeff
English on April 24, 2002.

Guy Wilber wrote:
> I would like to solicit input from the list as to what dates
> significant to freight car construction, Interchange Rules and Car
> Service Rules that all of you would like to see listed
> in chronological order.

And Tony Thompson replied:
Excellent idea, Guy. Was there not a moderately complete list
compiled some time back? It ought to be in the archives.

Larry Kline
Pittsburgh, PA

Jeff English

--- In STMFC@..., Guycwilber@a... wrote:
. . . the list that Jeff English initiated a couple years back
Much as I'd like to, I can't take credit for initiating the list, which
I believe started out on the old FCL as a Steam-Era backdating of a
modern-era list that I believe originated from Jim Eager.

Anyway, I just posted my most recent version in the files section, with
the name AAR_InterchangeDates.wpd, and it seems to have been updated by
me as recently as March of this year (based on recent postings on
STMFC).

Jeff English
Troy, New York

Shawn Beckert

Jeff English wrote:

Anyway, I just posted my most recent version in the files section, with
the name AAR_InterchangeDates.wpd, and it seems to have been updated by
me as recently as March of this year (based on recent postings on STMFC).
Jeff, my computer keeps insisting it can't open this. What kind of software
or program do I need to open a "wpd" file?

Thanks,

Shawn Beckert

Jack Burgess <jack@...>

Shawn...

That is a WordPerfect file. Word should also be able to open it if you open
Word first and then ask it to open the file.

Jack Burgess
www.yosemitevalleyrr.com

Anyway, I just posted my most recent version in the files section, with
the name AAR_InterchangeDates.wpd, and it seems to have been updated by
me as recently as March of this year (based on recent postings
on STMFC).

Jeff, my computer keeps insisting it can't open this. What kind
of software
or program do I need to open a "wpd" file?

Thanks,

Shawn Beckert

Shawn Beckert

Jack,