Swift Livestock Express Stockcars

Justin Kahn

Having just picked up an old MainLine assembled kit for a 36', steel underframe car, I wonder if anyone can point me toward any photographic views of the prototype SLRX (assuming there was one with those features). I readily appreciate MainLine kits are very much the exception to the concerns of STMFC, but they are fun to build (I think more so than resin cast ones) and with some reworking can result in a credible car which will not cause serious modelers to roll on the carpet in laughter.
JGGK

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/

Richard Hendrickson

On Jun 14, 2005, at 12:32 PM, Justin Kahn wrote:

Having just picked up an old MainLine assembled kit for a 36', steel
underframe car, I wonder if anyone can point me toward any photographic
views of the prototype SLRX (assuming there was one with those features).
Justin, I have many photos of 36' Swift reefers with steel underframes, which came in a number of different versions. Let me know what era you model and I'll send you some scans of cars with appropriate P/L schemes.

Richard Hendrickson