Prototype needed for oddball C&BT 40' 12 panel boxcar

oliver

I came across this oddball C&BT boxcar in my pile of older cars and
was wondering if there is a prototype for this arrangement:

10'6'height, 4/4 Improved Dreadnaught ends(rolling pin), 12 panel
sides, 8 foot Superior door with 7 panels, rectangular panel roof

What the heck was I thinking when I picked this one up?

Any help would be appreciated!
Stefan Lerché
Duncan, BC

Tim O'Connor

Stefan,

Scrape off the rivets and model Wabash 88200-88699 which had
12 panel welded sides, RP roof and 4/4 ends. (YSD-2A doors --
5/5/4 pattern)

Tim O.

At 09:40 PM 7/10/2005, you wrote:
I came across this oddball C&BT boxcar in my pile of older cars and
was wondering if there is a prototype for this arrangement:

10'6'height, 4/4 Improved Dreadnaught ends(rolling pin), 12 panel
sides, 8 foot Superior door with 7 panels, rectangular panel roof

What the heck was I thinking when I picked this one up?

Any help would be appreciated!
Stefan Lerché
Duncan, BC

Tim O'Connor

Stefan,

Sorry, I misread my own notes!! Those Wabash cars had 6 foot doors.
I don't think any prototype exists.

Tim O.

Cool! That sounds workable. Any protoype pics that you are aware of?
thanks
Stefan

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@c...> wrote:
Stefan,

Scrape off the rivets and model Wabash 88200-88699 which had
12 panel welded sides, RP roof and 4/4 ends. (YSD-2A doors --
5/5/4 pattern)

Tim O.

Ed Hawkins

On Sunday, July 10, 2005, at 06:40 PM, stefanelaine wrote:

I came across this oddball C&BT boxcar in my pile of older cars and
was wondering if there is a prototype for this arrangement:

10'6'height, 4/4 Improved Dreadnaught ends(rolling pin), 12 panel
sides, 8 foot Superior door with 7 panels, rectangular panel roof

What the heck was I thinking when I picked this one up?

Any help would be appreciated!
Stefan Lerché
Duncan, BC
Stefan,
Perhaps the more appropriate question is what was C&BT Shops thinking
of when they produced this kit? They mixed and matched all of their
styles of roofs, ends, and sides in hopes that each combination matched
one or more prototype cars. Not quite! They were planning on doing the
same thing with a line of 50' box cars, but thank goodness they never
materialized.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins