Aug.'87 MR & Swift Reefers

Paul Hillman

I found it!!! I KNEW I had it packed away,....the August 1987, Model
Railroader with the John Nehrich article on kitbashing Life Like Swift
wood reefers, and still in good condition too!! I remember buying
several decal sets for building/rebuilding these cars, Cudahy,
Dubuque, etc., back then, but I didn't get to get too far in the
process'. As of today, I shall recommence. I have my X-acto knife in-
hand as I write.

One question though, are accurate Swift decals (and the others) still
available for these cars, in case my old ones are defunct?

Thanks Ben Hom for your re-referring to this article.

Also in the same issue is Jack Burgess' Yosemite Valley Railroad.
Wasn't that our first real viewing of Jack's fine railroad?

Paul Hillman

John F. Cizmar

Paul,
I ordered (3) sets of the late Swift set (for the red cars) from Champion as a special run. The earlier version is still around.
John Cizmar