Topics

10/46 and 1/47 ORER Request

Ed Hawkins

STMFC,
I apologize for the extra bandwidth, but would a member having either or both the 10/46 and 1/47 ORER tell me if Fruit Growers Express car number 40000 is listed in these specific editions? This was a car with aluminum construction. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Bob Bowes

STMFC,
I apologize for the extra bandwidth, but would a member having either
or both the 10/46 and 1/47 ORER tell me if Fruit Growers Express car
number 40000 is listed in these specific editions? This was a car with
aluminum construction. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Not listed in the OCT. '46. Nothing from 38699 to 43500.
--

Bob Bowes
St. Thomas, Ontario.

Brian Leppert <b.leppert@...>

Ed--#40000 is listed in the Jan. 1947 ORER, with the little black pyramid denoting an addition.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV

On Wednesday, July 27, 2005, at 05:44 PM, Brian Leppert wrote:

Ed--#40000 is listed in the Jan. 1947 ORER, with the little black
pyramid denoting an addition.
Brian,
Thanks much. The builder's photo shows a build date of 10-46, but Bob
Bowes reported earlier that the 10/46 ORER didn't list it. By the way,
this information will be used in a table in the next RP CYC for an
article submitted by Bill Welch about FGE/BRE/WFE reefers built
1942-1946, including some coverage of FGE's token aluminum car. I
appreciate your looking this up as this helps fill out the table more
completely.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins