Topics

Charles Winters still selling?

Jim King <jimking3@...>

Is Charles Winters (St. Louis) still selling his freight car and steam
prints? The last communication I had from him was in the early/mid-90s.
If he's still active, can someone verify his mailing address and phone
number?

Jim King
Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.
http://www.smokymountainmodelworks.com/

Richard Hendrickson

On Jul 28, 2005, at 5:41 AM, Jim King wrote:

Is Charles Winters (St. Louis) still selling his freight car and steam
prints? The last communication I had from him was in the early/mid-90s.
If he's still active, can someone verify his mailing address and phone
number?
Jim, it's my understanding that Charlie is in bad health and no longer doing darkroom work, but that Howard Vollrath has access to the Winters negative collection and may be able to make prints. The last address I have for Vollrath, which I believe may still be current, is 1000 West 97th Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64114.

Ed Hawkins

On Thursday, July 28, 2005, at 08:44 AM, Richard Hendrickson wrote:

Is Charles Winters (St. Louis) still selling his freight car and
steam
prints?  The last communication I had from him was in the
early/mid-90s.
If he's still active, can someone verify his mailing address and
phone
number?
Jim, it's my understanding that Charlie is in bad health and no longer
doing darkroom work, but that Howard Vollrath has access to the Winters
negative collection and may be able to make prints.  The last address I
have for Vollrath, which I believe may still be current, is 1000 West
97th Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64114.
Jim,
Richard's account of Mr. Winters is correct. However, Mr. Vollrath's
first name is Harold with middle initial K. (his phone number is
816-942-3423).
Regards,
Ed Hawkins