Drains

Justin Kahn

Ahem, Garth. The former Intermountain refrigerator cars in O scale (their loss as kits much lamented) offered that detail.

Jace Kahn, General Manager
Ceres and Canisteo RR Co.

Reefers usually had little drain pipes at each corner, or sometimes
chutes, which were supposed to carry the water away from the car, much
like the downspouts on a house.
This detail is rarely modeled.

Garth G. Groff
Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/

John Fitts <jefitts2003@...>

In HO, Westerfield has that detail in his reefer kits as appropriate.

Justin Kahn <harumd@hotmail.com> wrote:Ahem, Garth. The former Intermountain refrigerator cars in O scale (their
loss as kits much lamented) offered that detail.

Jace Kahn, General Manager
Ceres and Canisteo RR Co.

Reefers usually had little drain pipes at each corner, or sometimes
chutes, which were supposed to carry the water away from the car, much
like the downspouts on a house.
This detail is rarely modeled.

Garth G. Groff

Garth Groff <ggg9y@...>

John and Jace,

Yes, I was aware that some kits, particularly Westerfield and Sunshine, include the drains. Most commercially produced reefer kits or RTR models that have been offered in the past leave off this detail. It has also been widely overlooked in many upgrading articles in the hobby press. Things are changing, thank goodness, and in this case I think for the better.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Justin Kahn <harumd@hotmail.com> wrote:Ahem, Garth. The former Intermountain refrigerator cars in O scale (their loss as kits much lamented) offered that detail.

Jace Kahn, General Manager
Ceres and Canisteo RR Co.

Reefers usually had little drain pipes at each corner, or sometimes
chutes, which were supposed to carry the water away from the car, much
like the downspouts on a house.
This detail is rarely modeled.

Garth G. Groff

Miller,Andrew S. <asmiller@...>

As I recall the I/M SFRD reefers have this detail.

regards,

Andy Miller

"The drains on trains are mainly on the wane"