Cal-Scale Express Reefer Underframe Detail Kit

Ben Brown

Some years ago this detail kit consisting of parts and an
installation drawing was available, but I have not seen it for a long
time. What I am seeking is a copy of the drawing sheet that came in
the kit. Could someone please scan a copy and place it in the Files
section, or else contact me offline? Many thanks,
Ben Brown

Miller,Andrew S. <asmiller@...>

As I recall it was the same as their regular UC passenger car set with
the addition of end buffer castings. The plumbing and positioning
diagram should be similar. Both sets may now be available from Bowser.

Cut and pasted from their website:

Part # Description Price

190-300 UC Brake Set for Passenger Cars $2.50
190-324 Express Reefer Detail Kit $2.95

regards,

Andy Miller

Some years ago this detail kit consisting of parts and an
installation drawing was available, but I have not seen it for a long
time. What I am seeking is a copy of the drawing sheet that came in
the kit. Could someone please scan a copy and place it in the Files
section, or else contact me offline? Many thanks,
Ben Brown

Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael Aufderheide

Ben,

Bowser has put some stuff on line. See:

http://www.bowser-trains.com/img/190-324.jpg

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide

--- phrwy <benbrown@iglide.net> wrote:

Some years ago this detail kit consisting of parts
and an
installation drawing was available, but I have not
seen it for a long
time. What I am seeking is a copy of the drawing
sheet that came in
the kit. Could someone please scan a copy and place
it in the Files
section, or else contact me offline? Many thanks,
Ben Brown

__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail

Andy Sperandeo <asperandeo@...>

Hello Ben,

You can view and print the Cal-Scale drawing from the Bowser Web site at www.bowser-trains.com.

So long,

Andy

Andy Sperandeo
Executive Editor
Model Railroader magazine
asperandeo@mrmag.com
Phone: 262-796-8776, ex. 461
Fax: 262-796-1142
www.modelrailroader.com

Bruce Smith <smithbf@...>

On Jul 28, 2005, at 10:56 AM, phrwy wrote:

Some years ago this detail kit consisting of parts and an
installation drawing was available, but I have not seen it for a long
time. What I am seeking is a copy of the drawing sheet that came in
the kit. Could someone please scan a copy and place it in the Files
section, or else contact me offline? Many thanks,
Ben Brown
Ben,

A quick trip to the Bowser web site will let you download the diagram for set 190-324.

Try http://www.bowser-trains.com/pdf/cal_scale_frt_cars.pdf

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL
http://www.vetmed.auburn.edu/~smithbf/

__
/ &#92;
| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

Ben Brown

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Sperandeo" <asperandeo@m...> wrote:
Hello Ben,

You can view and print the Cal-Scale drawing from the Bowser Web
site at www.bowser-trains.com.

So long,

Andy
Thanks to Andy, Mike, Andrew and Bruce for such quick replies. What I
am really looking for is definitive underframe photos or plans that
show the arrangement of brake, steam, and signal equipment under 50'
wood General American built express or milk cars. I have spent time on
my back photographing the undersides of both MDT and G-A steel cars
and have satisfied myself with those, but the more prevalent earlier
wood car has eluded me. The old Cal-Scale kit is the closest I could
recall. Actually, it is the back of the instruction sheet that has
more of what I am after and Bowser does not show that portion on the
web site. A friend who does model underframes has offered to send me a
copy by mail. I model in O Scale and it turns out to be very important
to make sure everything is in its proper place because one can readily
see under the models. There is a whole lot more there than the average
AB brake system under a boxcar.
Regards,
Ben Brown