Milwaukee Road double door 40' RibSide boxcars


Paul Lyons
 

Ok Andy, While I am buying I will take one of these. What is the new shipping
total? Paul


Andy Carlson
 

Most of us know about the newest version of the
Milwaukee Road Short rib-side boxcar, the 40' double
door car, made by Rib side Cars in HO. As before, I
will offer this car as an undecorated kit, which
includes decals, though I substitute Branchline-trains
barber S-2 truck sideframes (less wheelsets- that you
will have to supply). Also included by me are Red
Caboose bracket grabs and a RC AAR 40' wooden
(plastic) running board plus a Grandt Line AB brake
set. These additions make it easier to upgrade the car
with better and correct parts. Priced at $19.00 each,
plus $3.85 Priority shipping for the 1st car, add
another $1.50 for each additional car. If interested
in quantities, ask me for freight quote. Contact me if
interested at: <midcentury@sbcglobal.net>
Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA


Andy Carlson
 

$3.85 for parts and car. thanks
-Andy


--- cobrapsl@aol.com wrote:

Ok Andy, While I am buying I will take one of these.
What is the new shipping
total? Paul


Bill Darnaby
 

Any of you guys know what type of metal running board these cars had when so equipped? FWIW, the brake step appears to have holes in it similar to Morton but I don't trust it to guide me.

Bill Darnaby


Richard Hendrickson
 

On Aug 24, 2005, at 10:31 AM, william darnaby wrote:

Any of you guys know what type of metal running board these cars had when so
equipped? FWIW, the brake step appears to have holes in it similar to
Morton but I don't trust it to guide me.
Bill, I have three photos of these cars with steel running boards in which the running boards are visible, and in all cases they appear to be Apex.

Richard Hendrickson


Bill Darnaby
 

Thanks, Richard.

Bill Darnaby

Bill, I have three photos of these cars with steel running boards in
which the running boards are visible, and in all cases they appear to
be Apex.

Richard Hendrickson





Yahoo! Groups Links






Schuyler Larrabee
 

Behalf Of william darnaby
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:32 PM

FWIW, the brake step appears to
have holes in it similar to Morton but I don't trust it to guide me.
That brake step looks lots better if sanded down in thickness and holes drilled out. Don't have to
do much with the thickness as the edge of the step should have a stiffening rim.

SGL


Ted Schnepf <railsunl@...>
 

Hello,

I found the metal running board discussion interesting. This morning I pulled out my Milwaukee car diagram book from the 1950's and it indicates as build these cars had wood running boards. The metal boards must have be applied as a latter repair.

Ted

At 01:37 PM 8/24/2005, you wrote:

On Aug 24, 2005, at 10:31 AM, william darnaby wrote:

Any of you guys know what type of metal running board these cars had
when so
equipped? FWIW, the brake step appears to have holes in it similar to
Morton but I don't trust it to guide me.
Bill, I have three photos of these cars with steel running boards in
which the running boards are visible, and in all cases they appear to
be Apex.

Richard Hendrickson





Yahoo! Groups Links









--
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.13/78 - Release Date: 8/19/2005
Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
railsunl@foxvalley.net
847-697-5353 or 5366
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill. 60120
http://users.foxvalley.net/~railsunl/

Model Railroad Sales and Service with
a personal touch.
Books new and used. HO and O scales.
DCC supplies. O scale urethane cars.
Photos and darkroom services.
Checks, cash (0%) or credit (secure server at web site 3% added).


--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.13/78 - Release Date: 8/19/2005


Tim O'Connor
 

Ted Schnepf wrote

I found the metal running board discussion interesting. This morning I
pulled out my Milwaukee car diagram book from the 1950's and it indicates
as build these cars had wood running boards. The metal boards must have be
applied as a latter repair.
Ted,

I think that the following cars were built with steel running boards,
as required after 1944:

series 21188-22187 blt 1944
series 22188-23187 blt 1945
series 23188-24937 blt 1946-1947
series 24938-25537 blt 1948
series 25538-28559 blt 1948-1949

Of the above, I think 21188-22187 match the Ribside kit.