Topics

PFE R-30-16

Fred Freitas <pennsy@...>

Listers,
This class of PFE car is described as being wood ends & sides
with steel roof; and refreshed with paint in 1953. Are there any
other wood sided cars that would be appropriate for this era in the
PFE fleet? Thanks

Fred Freitas

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Fred Freitas wrote:
This class of PFE car is described as being wood ends & sides
with steel roof; and refreshed with paint in 1953. Are there any
other wood sided cars that would be appropriate for this era in the
PFE fleet? Thanks
As the PFE book shows, in its survival tables, there were quite a few classes with wood sides in service in 1953. Do you have any other criteria to narrow it down a bit?

Publishers of books on railroad history

Fred in Vt. <pennsy@...>

Tony,

This was the only one I had knowledge of for 1953, so it wasn't a particular car question as much as a group of similar cars inquiry. You mention the PFE book, do I take it that my library needs an additon which will answer a lot more questions on this topic?

Fred Freitas

Old Sourdough <pmeaton@...>

At 08:22 PM 8/28/2005 -0400, Fred wrote:

Tony,

This was the only one I had knowledge of for 1953, so it wasn't
a particular car question as much as a group of similar cars inquiry. You
mention the PFE book, do I take it that my library needs an addition which
will answer a lot more questions on this topic?

Fred Freitas
======================
Fred,

If you are interested in the SP/UP/PFE, especially in 1953, I would
definitely advise adding the PFE book by Mr.'s Thompson, Church and Jones
to your library. You can find information about the volume as well as
ordering information at:

http://www.signaturepress.com/pfe2.html

You'll find it a valuable, enjoyable resource.

Paul Eaton
The Old Sourdough
Ruksakinmakiak, Alaska, US of A

Schuyler Larrabee

Fred, ever so innocently, asks:

You mention the PFE book, do I take it
that my library needs an additon which will answer a lot more
questions on this topic?
Oh, Fred, Tony's much too humble to let on . . .

http://www.signaturepress.com/pfe.html

http://www.signaturepress.com/pfe2.html

I think that will let you know.

SGL

Andy Carlson

Hello Fred,
You (and anyone else reading this post) might be
interested in the Terry Wegmann HO PFE R-30-16 and PFE
R-40-21 woodside reefers offered by me as undecorated
kits. Both are priced at $20.00 each, and are in stock
for immediate shipment. Contact me off-list if
interested in either of these cars.
<midcentury@sbcglobal.net>
Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

--- Fred Freitas <pennsy@sover.net> wrote:

Listers,
This class of PFE car is described as being
wood ends & sides
with steel roof; and refreshed with paint in 1953.
Are there any
other wood sided cars that would be appropriate for
this era in the
PFE fleet? Thanks

Fred Freitas

Fred in Vt. <pennsy@...>

Schuyler,

Thanks for the insightful message.
One more thing to add to the list. Suppose this will take at least 2 bottles of reefer orange before I'm tired of looking at them !! I believe now.

Fred Freitas

> that my library needs an additon which will answer a lot more
> questions on this topic?

Oh, Fred, Tony's much too humble to let on . . .

http://www.signaturepress.com/pfe.html

http://www.signaturepress.com/pfe2.html

I think that will let you know.

SGL

Train travel in italy North american

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Fred in Vt. wrote:
One more thing to add to the list. Suppose this will take at least 2 bottles of reefer orange before I'm tired of looking at them !! I believe now.
For PFE, that will be "Daylight Orange," a much lighter color . . . just FYI.

Publishers of books on railroad history