Topics

Freightcar List/Richard Hosker Gone?

hungry_valley

I used to several years ago subscribe and access the Freightcars list
that was out of Tenn. Tech and was administered by Richard Hosker.
Today I Googled to find somthing in the archives and it is gone, gone.

There was a great deal of information in that list. I'd hate to think
that it was gone forever.

Information?

Mike Wood

Tim O'Connor

Mike, I have had messages in the last 2 weeks... don't panic. The
Google cache copy is from July 30th of this year (Google refreshes
its own copy only periodically)... so it was there not long ago.

Also thanks to the way Richard has stored the archive, every month
has its own HTML page containing all messages from that month. So you
can access almost the entire archive thanks to the Google cache. For
now that is. Don't wait too long if the list really has been taken
down.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&;lr=&q=+site:sunny16.photo.tntech.edu+freight+car+list+archive

Tim O'Connor

Jeff Helm <delta-p@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "hungry_valley" <hungry_valley@y...>
wrote:
I used to several years ago subscribe and access the Freightcars
list (snip)
There was a great deal of information in that list. I'd hate to
think
that it was gone forever.
(snip)

I just checked and the archive that Richard Hosker maintains for the
list is still up, with the last entries showing for August 27th. This
archive also has a nice search feature.

The link is:
http://sunny16.photo.tntech.edu/~richard/Freightcars/archive/0508.html

Jeff Helm

hungry_valley

wrote:
I used to several years ago subscribe and access the Freightcars
list (snip)
There was a great deal of information in that list. I'd hate to
think
that it was gone forever.
(snip)

I just checked and the archive that Richard Hosker maintains for the
list is still up, with the last entries showing for August 27th.
This
archive also has a nice search feature.
Looks like the list was down for a while for maintenance. I'm sure
glad it hadn't gone away. I was looking at an item on Ebay and wanted
to search a question I had. No panic; just concern for an invaluable
resource.