Bev-Bel offerings

Rob Kirkham <rdkirkham@...>

Hi,

I just noticed the add in Sept. RMC, p.26, for Bev-Bel Corp, selling kits and assembled models of Imperial Oil (and affiliated) tank cars. The art work looks good enough from what can be seen in the photos, but I am wondering if this is a case of applying the right paint job to the wrong car? Does Bev-Bel have a reputation for matching the two precisely?

thanks
Rob Kirkham

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Rob Kirkham wrote:
. . . I am
wondering if this is a case of applying the right paint job to the wrong
car? Does Bev-Bel have a reputation for matching the two precisely?
Rob, I had no idea you were such a romantic. Or, to summarize differently, not so far.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Greg Bartek

Rob,

In a word, no. I've seen more than my share of "phantom" car/road name
offerings. I have not seen the ad you mention and am not familiar with
the Imperial Oil line tankers, so the accuracy of those I cannot
comment on.

Greg Bartek

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Rob Kirkham <rdkirkham@s...> wrote:
Hi,

I just noticed the add in Sept. RMC, p.26, for Bev-Bel Corp, selling
kits
and assembled models of Imperial Oil (and affiliated) tank cars. The
art
work looks good enough from what can be seen in the photos, but I am
wondering if this is a case of applying the right paint job to the
wrong
car? Does Bev-Bel have a reputation for matching the two precisely?

thanks
Rob Kirkham

Montford Switzer <ZOE@...>

Rob,

My experience with Bev-Bel is that prototype accuracy is not a high
priority. I would research any potential purchase thoroughly before
buying.

They are nice folks, though.

Mont Switzer

wondering if this is a case of applying the right paint job to the
wrong
car? Does Bev-Bel have a reputation for matching the two precisely?
Rob, I had no idea you were such a romantic. Or, to summarize
differently, not so far.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Yahoo! Groups Links

W.R.Dixon

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:50:00 -0000
From: "gsb157" <sgaab@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Bev-Bel offerings
Rob,
In a word, no. I've seen more than my share of "phantom" car/road name offerings. I have not seen the ad you mention and am not familiar with the Imperial Oil line tankers, so the accuracy of those I cannot comment on.
Greg Bartek
--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Rob Kirkham <rdkirkham@s...> wrote:

Hi,

I just noticed the add in Sept. RMC, p.26, for Bev-Bel Corp, selling kits and assembled models of Imperial Oil (and affiliated) tank cars.
The art work looks good enough from what can be seen in the
photos, but I am wondering if this is a case of applying the
right paint job to the wrong car? Does Bev-Bel have a reputation
for matching the two precisely?

thanks
Rob Kirkham
As well as producing their own painted cars, Bev-Bel is the US seller for the Hobbycraft Canada Life-Like products. When sales of the Canadian only products have run their course in Canada the products are released to Bev-Bel to sell in the US.

What you see listed in the Bev-Bel adds are cars that were released a year or more ago in the Canadian market. Many of them are still in stock at your LHS.

Regards
Bill Dixon