LV flats was War production board

Brian J Carlson <brian@...>

Richard said:
On the other hand, the only taker of Pennsy F30A design flat cars was the
Lehigh Valley (50 cars).
Wow, I never new the LV had F30A's does anyone know where I can find
pictures of this class. Is this 50 car series 10,000-10,049?

Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

Tim O'Connor

Wow, I never new the LV had F30A's does anyone know where I can find
pictures of this class. Is this 50 car series 10,000-10,049?
Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY
Yes, built in 1950. See Jim Eager's RMJ 12/1992 article. I've never
seen a photo of one.

Greg Martin

Brian writes:

"Richard said:
On the other hand, the only taker of Pennsy F30A design flat cars was the
Lehigh Valley (50 cars).
Wow, I never new the LV had F30A's does anyone know where I can find
pictures of this class. Is this 50 car series 10,000-10,049?

Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY"

Ah Ha!

But the N&W did adopt the Pennsy F30d (the welded version) of the car and I
have some photos of these. They are nearly indistinguishable from the cast
version of the car. They were produced in the early 1950's. The Bowser kit can
be utilized for these.

Greg Martin

Richard Hendrickson

On Sep 15, 2005, at 7:32 PM, Brian J Carlson wrote:

Richard said:
On the other hand, the only taker of Pennsy F30A design flat cars was the
Lehigh Valley (50 cars).
Wow, I never new the LV had F30A's does anyone know where I can find
pictures of this class. Is this 50 car series 10,000-10,049?
Yes, it is, built in 1950. I have two photos of these cars but both of such poor quality that I won't offer to scan them.

Richard Hendrickson

D. Scott Chatfield

.....the only [other] taker of Pennsy F30A design flat cars was the
Lehigh Valley (50 cars).

I shot one of these some years ago. I'd have to look up the slide, but I'm guessing 1989 in Pennsylvania.

Scott Chatfield

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Scott Chatfield wrote:
I shot one of these some years ago. I'd have to look up the slide, but I'm guessing 1989 in Pennsylvania.
Yes, but was it badly hurt? <g>

Publishers of books on railroad history

al_brown03

See Bossler, "CNJ/LV Color Guide to Freight & Passenger Equipment",
p 74 (LV 10038 with load of wrapped steel plate)

-- Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.