Topics

RP Cyc 12

Bob Webber <no17@...>

And, I would say Nuts to you as well. In the past, I was given notice it was due out - this trip, I was not. So, I may buy it retail. But, I wish some one would be consistent. Oh wait, is that trying to be LIKE Mainline Modeler?

At 06:18 PM 10/7/2005, you wrote:
Message: 19
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:56:34 -0000
From: "Patrick Wider" <pwider@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: RP Cyc 12

And to you guys who send
us $19.95 well after the cut-off date with back-dated checks just to save 5 bucks, I say
nuts! Go buy Mainline Modeler! (-:}

Thanks for the kind words John!!!!!!

Pat Wider
Bob Webber

Patrick Wider <pwider@...>

Duly noted. Life is tough.

Pat Wider

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Bob Webber <no17@c...> wrote:

And, I would say Nuts to you as well. In the past, I was given
notice it was due out - this trip, I was not. So, I may buy it
retail. But, I wish some one would be consistent. Oh wait, is that
trying to be LIKE Mainline Modeler?

Message: 19
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:56:34 -0000
From: "Patrick Wider" <pwider@s...>

And to you guys who send
us $19.95 well after the cut-off date with back-dated checks just to
save 5 bucks, I say
nuts! Go buy Mainline Modeler! (-:}

Thanks for the kind words John!!!!!!

Pat Wider
Bob Webber

John Boren <mccjbcmd@...>

RP CYC Vol. 13 is virtually finished as I speak (I mean type). We'll probably
bring it out right after the holidays. We do not want to fight the crowd at
the Post Office. Take my word for it, mailing out hundreds of 1 pound books
at one time is the worst part of our endeavor. And near the Christmas holiday?
No way. Vol. 13 will be out as soon as the Post Office gets back to normal
early 2006.
{snip}
Pat Wider
Wonderful! I don't think I've ever been happier to be wrong.

To get on-topic, if the empty weight was off by over 300 pounds, did the car
get sent to the RIP track for restenciling or was it done wherever the car
was sitting?

John Boren

PS- I worked at the USPO when I was in school, and I don't think it's ever
gotten to normal. <G>

Patrick Wider <pwider@...>

I don't know. Perhaps a real (i.e., prototype) railroader can answer. My guess is it was
done right there, at the track scale/weigh house/car shop.