Topics

RP CYC 12

ed_mines

Just got my copy of RP CYC12 today. Nice book.

12 days from St. Louis to New York City area. That must be some sort
of a record.

I guess the staff gives me special treatment. My recollection is that
I bought every issue direct from RP CYC headquarters. I was a
subscriber too.

Ed

Schuyler Larrabee

On Behalf Of ed_mines

12 days from St. Louis to New York City area. That must be
some sort of a record.

Hmph! Another couple of days, probably make it to Boston . . .

SGL

lnbill <bwelch@...>

A friend in Connecticut received their copy last week. I am in Northern
Virginia, and mine has not come yet.

Bill Welch
--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Schuyler Larrabee"
<schuyler.larrabee@v...> wrote:

On Behalf Of ed_mines

12 days from St. Louis to New York City area. That must be
some sort of a record.

Hmph! Another couple of days, probably make it to Boston . . .

SGL

Storey Lindsay

Patience, patience, patience...

I got mine last week.

Storey Lindsay
Celje, Slovenia

A friend in Connecticut received their copy last week. I am in Northern Virginia, and mine has not come yet.
Bill Welch
--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Schuyler Larrabee" <schuyler.larrabee@v...> wrote:

On Behalf Of ed_mines
12 days from St. Louis to New York City area. That must be some sort of a record.
Hmph! Another couple of days, probably make it to Boston . . .
SGL

George Hollwedel <georgeloop1338@...>

This is due to the fact that they are mailed "Parcel Post" which gets a very uneven distribution rate as it is a lower class of mail. I think, since there are no ads, they could be mailed "Media" mail which may be as cheap, with better service. I only know a little about this as my position with the Postal Service is as a maintenance tech, not as a clerk.

George Hollwedel

lnbill <bwelch@uucf.org> wrote:
A friend in Connecticut received their copy last week. I am in Northern
Virginia, and mine has not come yet.

Bill Welch
--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Schuyler Larrabee"
wrote:

On Behalf Of ed_mines

12 days from St. Louis to New York City area. That must be
some sort of a record.

Hmph! Another couple of days, probably make it to Boston . . .

SGL

George Hollwedel
Prototype N Scale Models
georgeloop@austin.rr.com
310 Loma Verde Street
Buda, TX 78610-9785
512-796-6883

---------------------------------

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 12, 2005, at 7:16 AM, Bill Welch wrote:

A friend in Connecticut received their copy last week. I am in Northern
Virginia, and mine has not come yet.
Bill, maybe there's a problem getting Yankee publications across the Mason-Dixon line. I don't have my copy yet, either, but I'm at the extreme end of the Pony Express, so it's probably in the saddlebag of some poor USPS guy urging his lathered-up horse across the northern Nevada desert (whatever happened to RPO cars?).

Richard Hendrickson

Walter M. Clark

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Schuyler Larrabee"
<schuyler.larrabee@v...> wrote:

On Behalf Of ed_mines

12 days from St. Louis to New York City area. That must be
some sort of a record.

Hmph! Another couple of days, probably make it to Boston . . .

SGL
I got mine this afternoon, in sunny southern California (today's high
in the low 90s with light breezes).

Walter M. Clark
Time stopped in November 1941
Riverside, California