W vs H

SUVCWORR@...

In a message dated 12/17/2005 9:41:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tculotta@... writes:

On Dec 17, 2005, at 9:34 AM, Clark Propst wrote:

I went the hobby shop yesterday to order the Intermountain SFRD
reefer trucks for my RPI CGW 90000 series box car kit (notice I didn't
say PS-0). I looked in the Walthers catalog, no IM. I was told they
now are exclusively sold through Horizon. I asked for the Horizon
catalog, there isn't one. How do I buy IM stuff?? I came home, looked
up their web site, very few parts are listed, lots of those tempting
RTR models. So, I emailed them, they responded saying they would be
happy to sell the trucks to me. But, now I've cut out my local dealer
and the discount he gives me. I don't want to make a big deal out of
this, but this is a problem
Clark:

Maybe your local dealer could contact them about parts and see if they
will sell parts directly to dealers.

Regards,
Ted Culotta

FWIW, my dealer had no problem ordering trucks for me directly from IM.
Yes, IM has entered into an agreement with Horizon Hobbies to be the sole
distributor of IM products. But those who had direct dealer accounts before the
agreement can still order everything direct from IM. That is part of the
agreement. This was all contained in a newsletter to pre-existing dealers.

Rich Orr

Clark Propst <cepropst@...>

I went the hobby shop yesterday to order the Intermountain SFRD reefer trucks for my RPI CGW 90000 series box car kit (notice I didn't say PS-0). I looked in the Walthers catalog, no IM. I was told they now are exclusively sold through Horizon. I asked for the Horizon catalog, there isn't one. How do I buy IM stuff?? I came home, looked up their web site, very few parts are listed, lots of those tempting RTR models. So, I emailed them, they responded saying they would be happy to sell the trucks to me. But, now I've cut out my local dealer and the discount he gives me. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but this is a problem
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>

[...]

Speedwitch Media
645 Tanner Marsh Road, Guilford, CT 06437
info@...
www.speedwitch.com
(650) 787-1912

James F. Brewer <jfbrewer@...>

Clark,

As I understand it, if your dealer originally ordered direct from IM, he/she can continue to do so.

I recently asked my local dealer to order some undec kits and parts and the dealer was able to obtain them with no problem.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD

[...]

Yahoo! Groups Links

Tim O'Connor

Clark, a few years ago I called IM directly and talked to
Ron Angstead and got 20 or so sets of truck sprues for the
SFRD reefer trucks for 75 cents each. Since they produce
all of the parts in Colorado they often have stockpiles of
sprues lying around.

At 09:34 AM 12/17/2005, you wrote:
I went the hobby shop yesterday to order the Intermountain SFRD reefer trucks for my RPI CGW 90000 series box car kit (notice I didn't say PS-0). I looked in the Walthers catalog, no IM. I was told they now are exclusively sold through Horizon. I asked for the Horizon catalog, there isn't one. How do I buy IM stuff?? I came home, looked up their web site, very few parts are listed, lots of those tempting RTR models. So, I emailed them, they responded saying they would be happy to sell the trucks to me. But, now I've cut out my local dealer and the discount he gives me. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but this is a problem
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

Thanks to all who answered. I guess the problem is a local one. I will
order from IM.
Clark Propst
PS Ted, did you ever get the jpeg of the CMO rebuild with the yellow
roof?