Youngstown Doors


paulbizier <pa.bizier@...>
 

There have been past posts regarding upcoming production of 5/5/4
Youngstown doors (in the "way back machine" they go back to 2002). Is
there any updated info as to when these doors will be available?

Paul Bizier


Andy Carlson
 

Dan Hall has purchased another production machine, and
had hoped to have run the doors before
Christmas-obviously he missed that projection. I have
talked to him and they should be here within 30 days.
I will post to this list when I have received these
doors. I am getting 2 versions of Improved youngstown
doors, the "Overnight" SP Interim improved Youngstown;
and all of the Superior doors Dan has already on the
market.
-Andy Carlson

--- paulbizier <pa.bizier@...> wrote:

There have been past posts regarding upcoming
production of 5/5/4
Youngstown doors (in the "way back machine" they go
back to 2002). Is
there any updated info as to when these doors will
be available?

Paul Bizier






Yahoo! Groups Links


STMFC-unsubscribe@...





Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>
 

On Jan 20, 2006, at 10:18 AM, Andy Carlson wrote:

Dan Hall has purchased another production machine, and
had hoped to have run the doors before
Christmas-obviously he missed that projection. I have
talked to him and they should be here within 30 days.
I will post to this list when I have received these
doors. I am getting 2 versions of Improved youngstown
doors, the "Overnight" SP Interim improved Youngstown;
and all of the Superior doors Dan has already on the
market.
In reference to the SP B-50-25 decals I mentioned earlier today, those will be combined with Dan's doors and resin ends and details to create a minikit for the IM 12-panel 40' box car. I, too, am waiting for several hundred of Dan's doors. I have had the decals in hand since December waiting for other things, including Dan's doors, to all come together.

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
645 Tanner Marsh Road, Guilford, CT 06437
info@...
www.speedwitch.com
(650) 787-1912


Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>
 

Ted Culotta wrote:
In reference to the SP B-50-25 decals I mentioned earlier today, those
will be combined with Dan's doors and resin ends and details to create
a minikit for the IM 12-panel 40' box car. I, too, am waiting for
several hundred of Dan's doors. I have had the decals in hand since
December waiting for other things, including Dan's doors, to all come
together.
Ted, is this for the first batch of B-50-25 with the "wide-seam" doors, the second batch, or both?

Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@...
Publishers of books on railroad history


Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>
 

On Jan 21, 2006, at 10:50 PM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

Ted Culotta wrote:
In reference to the SP B-50-25 decals I mentioned earlier today, those
will be combined with Dan's doors and resin ends and details to create
a minikit for the IM 12-panel 40' box car. I, too, am waiting for
several hundred of Dan's doors. I have had the decals in hand since
December waiting for other things, including Dan's doors, to all come
together.
Ted, is this for the first batch of B-50-25 with the "wide-seam"
doors, the second batch, or both?
It is designed for the wide seam batches built by Pullman-Standard and Pressed Steel.

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
645 Tanner Marsh Road, Guilford, CT 06437
info@...
www.speedwitch.com
(650) 787-1912


Tim O'Connor
 

Ted, is this for the first batch of B-50-25 with the "wide-seam"
doors, the second batch, or both?
It is designed for the wide seam batches built by Pullman-Standard and
Pressed Steel.
Regards,
Ted Culotta

From my notes I show only one batch of PSC B-50-25's 20500-21499
and two batches of PS cars 21500-21749 and 21750-22249. (And two
PS batches for T&NO) Which ones had wide seam doors?


Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>
 

Tim O'Connor wrote:
From my notes I show only one batch of PSC B-50-25's 20500-21499
and two batches of PS cars 21500-21749 and 21750-22249. (And two
PS batches for T&NO) Which ones had wide seam doors?
The 1946 cars had the wide-seam doors: the PSC cars and the lower-number batch you list of P-S cars. The second or 1947 batch, the higher P-S numbers, had the follow-on door. For T&NO, likewise, the first P-S batch in 1946, 54850-55199, had the wide-seam doors, while the second batch, 55200-55699, had the later or 1947 doors.
Obviously Ted's mini-kit is designed to do any of the 1946 batches (which altogether total 1600 cars), but the most visible change to the 1947 cars (total, 1000 cars) was the doors, so with different doors one could model them too.

Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@...
Publishers of books on railroad history


Tim O'Connor
 

Thanks Tony! I didn't realize until this discussion that some
25's had the same wide seam doors as the 24's. Pat Wider can rest
easy now, since I will be using up my doors on correct -25 models
instead of wasting them on bogus -24's.. :-)

Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor wrote:

From my notes I show only one batch of PSC B-50-25's 20500-21499
and two batches of PS cars 21500-21749 and 21750-22249. (And two
PS batches for T&NO) Which ones had wide seam doors?
The 1946 cars had the wide-seam doors: the PSC cars and the
lower-number batch you list of P-S cars. The second or 1947 batch, the
higher P-S numbers, had the follow-on door. For T&NO, likewise, the
first P-S batch in 1946, 54850-55199, had the wide-seam doors, while
the second batch, 55200-55699, had the later or 1947 doors.
Obviously Ted's mini-kit is designed to do any of the 1946
batches (which altogether total 1600 cars), but the most visible change
to the 1947 cars (total, 1000 cars) was the doors, so with different
doors one could model them too.

Tony Thompson


mopacfirst
 

Hey, great! I have a couple of almost-finished B-50-26 (the easiest
thing you can do to the IM kit) that I just can't stand to look at
any more. I did one pair of these, ripping Kadee doors to get the
correct corrugations in the doors, but I really didn't have a
justification for more of these, so the second pair is sitting around
with no doors. If I can have different doors, so I can make
different cars, I'll be nearly ecstatic. And, yes, the RPCyc is
still next to the workbench, so I can fix whatever else needs to be
done to make them correct......I couldn't believe that there were
four holes in each end for the post-66 crossover handrail or whatever
that thing is called.

Ron Merrick


--- In STMFC@..., Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@c...> wrote:


Thanks Tony! I didn't realize until this discussion that some
25's had the same wide seam doors as the 24's. Pat Wider can rest
easy now, since I will be using up my doors on correct -25 models
instead of wasting them on bogus -24's.. :-)

Tim O'Connor


Tim O'Connor wrote:
<snip>
doors one could model them too.

Tony Thompson