Topics

Thompson on DeNevi

Brian Termunde

In a message dated 1/25/2006 9:14:19 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
railstuf@fuse.net writes:

And before someone jumps on Tony as an author/publisher criticizing another,
let
me, as another author/publisher, that it ain't just competitive juices
flowing.
In fact, many of us believe that Tony showed admirable restraint!

---> That's for dang sure. Just mention his WP book on one of the WP lists,
and you had better hide behind the biggest Steam Era Freight car that you can
find! <G> As one wag did nicely complement the book though, he said it was
very helpful to him, by using that book, his dining room table no longer
wobbles! <VBG>

Take Care!

Brian R. Termunde
West Jordan, Utah

"Ship and Travel the Grand Canyon Line!"
Grand Canyon Railway
Utah District

Peter Weiglin

Prior message:

Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:03:58 -0800
From: Anthony Thompson <thompson@signaturepress.com>
Subject: Re: WWII Freight Car Utilization
Jared Harper wrote:

In trying to track down this info. I have been looking at several
sources. One is America's Fighting Railroads by Don DeNevi.
Apparently it's been reprinted four times although I can't see why.
A good many of the photos are not WWII vintage, but prewar. The
photo captions are screwy also . . . My suggestion is don't bother looking at this one.
That's our boy DeNevi. Consistent in his books, if nothing else.
Publishers of books on railroad history
= = =

And before someone jumps on Tony as an author/publisher criticizing another, let me, as another author/publisher, that it ain't just competitive juices flowing. In fact, many of us believe that Tony showed admirable restraint!

Peter Weiglin
Amelia, OH