contact cement

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

For awhile, Goo, like other contact cements can be" reactivated" to some degree with heat (during the period when Pliobond was being promoted for fastening rails -no spikes- the the method that I recall was that once the rail was glued in place, you went back with a soldering iron and made "final adjustments"). I suspect that this would not work in this way once ALL solvents have finally wicked off.

That said, however, I have in desperation used heat to break ancient Goo bonds where the liberal use of an axe is the only other alternative. Ditto with epoxy. I have always surmised that the heat simply breaks down and weakens the bonds- permanently.

Denny

--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, California