From: <tjlawler@netzero.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:57 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Sunshine Square Corner Boxcar for IC, Soo and DSSA mini-kit question

I want to build this mini-kit (see subject line) and need a little help picking the correct IM car. I found 10' 6" 40' (only decorated cars) at a hobby shop. They appear to match the car sides but I am uncertain about the roof. Question: Is there a particular IM car that is appropriate for this mini-kit or does any 10' 6" car work? Second, does anyone know if undec cars are available?
Thanks for the help,
Tom Lawler

Yahoo! Groups Links

Brian J Carlson <brian@...>

Undec IM cars are available from Intermountain. Most dealers do not stock
undec cars anymore so you'll probably have to special order them. I don't
know the mini-kit so I am not sure what IM kit you need.

Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

I want to build this mini-kit (see subject line) and need a little help
picking the correct IM car. I found 10' 6" 40' (only decorated cars) at a
hobby shop. They appear to match the car sides but I am uncertain about the
roof. Question: Is there a particular IM car that is appropriate for this
mini-kit or does any 10' 6" car work? Second, does anyone know if undec
cars are available?
Thanks for the help,
Tom Lawler

Yahoo! Groups Links

Jim and Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>

I have the mini-kit and I used Intermountain 40898 Undec 10'6" IH AAR
boxcar. This number isn't listed on IM's website but 40899 is. 40899 is just
a different color, gray instead of red.

Ordering direct from IM is easy. Just call (800)472-2530 and have your
credit card handy. They ship quickly with no shipping charge. At the same
time you can order some of those parts you've always wanted. Just describe
them as to what part from what kit and they will send you the complete
sprue. $1 per sprue if I remember right.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon