Enough about the New Kadee car

David Smith <dsmith@...>

C'mon folks. It's Schrödinger's freight car. When Kadee finally opens
the box, either it will be that car you have always wanted, or it won't.
Filling up the list with idle speculation isn't helping any of us get
more prototype models onto our rails. And, since the die has already
been cast, both literally and metaphorically, it's not like all this
wishing is going to influence kadee to make that car you have always
wanted. If it's not the XYZ-1, you'll get over it soon enough, at least
I certainly hope so for your sake.

Dave Smith, for whom this relativistic probability distribution of a
freight car model carries no interest at all, no matter what it is, and
who thinks some of you HO-scale wishers and hopers should come over to
the small side for a while and develop a deeper appreciation for what
you already have.

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Dave Smith writes:

"C'mon folks. It's Schr�dinger's freight car. When Kadee finally opens
the box, either it will be that car you have always wanted, or it won't.
Filling up the list with idle speculation isn't helping any of us get
more prototype models onto our rails."

Perhaps not, but only the head judge of the STMFC [ that's me I'm afraid ] or his assistant Jeff Aley can terminate a thread. Frankly I am rather curious about the car and intend to speculate some about it.

"Dave Smith, for whom this relativistic probability distribution of a
freight car model carries no interest at all, no matter what it is, and
who thinks some of you HO-scale wishers and hopers should come over to
the small side for a while and develop a deeper appreciation for what
you already have."

A valid point. We HO folks do have it made. Or do we? I have wondered before what us greedy modelers would do if the number of models available reached...say...90% of those ever made. Why, we'd buy the things. Then we'd store them. I am currently working rather strenuously to put in two more staging tracks because of such inherent greed.

As far as THE car goes, several speculate that the AAR Alternate standard will finally make an appearance. I dunno. There doesn't seem to be THAT many well known RRs owning such cars given Kadee's past history of having a large number of potential RR names. I mean...C&O, Clinchfield, Erie, NKP, NP, P&WV, WLE and a small number of ATSF don't seem like a very large population for Kadee.

Mike Brock

Yahoo! Groups Links

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...>

Dave Smith wrote:

C'mon folks. It's Schrödinger's freight car. When Kadee finally
opens the box, either it will be that car you have always wanted,
or it won't.
Well, yes, but "Is she pregnant?" and "Will the biopsy reveal a
malignancy?" are also situations where knowing vs. not knowing will
not change reality. But you should neither deny nor dismiss the very
real emotions that come into play when you're between not knowing and
knowing. In the Kadee case, it's anticipation - and, since some list
members clearly know the answer, the desire to shake a clue loose.
Kadee has a presence on this list, and all the "I hope it's a..."
speculation may well plant seeds for future projects. After all, here
is where the freight car expertise is!

Tom Madden

Tim O'Connor

Tom is right. And also, how did Dave get that umlaut into his
email? These are burning questions!

Tim O'Connor

Dave Smith wrote:

C'mon folks. It's Schrödinger's freight car. When Kadee finally
opens the box, either it will be that car you have always wanted,
or it won't.
Well, yes, but "Is she pregnant?" and "Will the biopsy reveal a
malignancy?" are also situations where knowing vs. not knowing will
not change reality. But you should neither deny nor dismiss the very
real emotions that come into play when you're between not knowing and
knowing. In the Kadee case, it's anticipation - and, since some list
members clearly know the answer, the desire to shake a clue loose.
Kadee has a presence on this list, and all the "I hope it's a..."
speculation may well plant seeds for future projects. After all, here
is where the freight car expertise is!

Tom Madden

mrslandser

Umlatt - If you go to your charactor map, you will be able to add the ü,ä, etc. Essentially, hold down the ALT key, type on the numerical pad 0252 and you have the ü....

Jack

Dave Smith wrote:

C'mon folks. It's Schrödinger's freight car. When Kadee finally
opens the box, either it will be that car you have always wanted,
or it won't.
Well, yes, but "Is she pregnant?" and "Will the biopsy reveal a
malignancy?" are also situations where knowing vs. not knowing will
not change reality. But you should neither deny nor dismiss the very
real emotions that come into play when you're between not knowing and
knowing. In the Kadee case, it's anticipation - and, since some list
members clearly know the answer, the desire to shake a clue loose.
Kadee has a presence on this list, and all the "I hope it's a..."
speculation may well plant seeds for future projects. After all, here
is where the freight car expertise is!

Tom Madden

---------------------------------

Brian Termunde

But what happens if the Kadee car turns out to be a nonexistent car (for this list, IOW, post 1960), then you are all out of bounds! <G>

Take Care!

Brian R. Termunde
(Who Models in Normal Scale, and therefore imune to this speculation! <VBG>)
West Jordan, UT
"Ship and Travel the Grand Canyon Line!"

Grand Canyon Railway
Utah District

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

Besides, it's fun!

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

SamClarke

Hello Group,

Isn't this fun...guessing, wishing, speculating, hoping, dreaming?

Thank you Tom Madden for your comments. We do have a presence here and we
are listening to your comments and certainly taking note of the cars you are
wanting and wishing for.

Of course, I can not tell you what the car is (or is not) or divulge too
much info about it. But to calm a bit of time era speculation the car will
date farther back into the "Steam Era" than our previous cars. So this group
will be able to discuss another car and I'm sure that this car will bring a
lot of discussions when we release it, good, bad, and indifferent.

Sam Clarke
Kadee Quality Products

Well, yes, but "Is she pregnant?" and "Will the biopsy reveal a
malignancy?" are also situations where knowing vs. not knowing will
not change reality. But you should neither deny nor dismiss the very
real emotions that come into play when you're between not knowing and
knowing. In the Kadee case, it's anticipation - and, since some list
members clearly know the answer, the desire to shake a clue loose.
Kadee has a presence on this list, and all the "I hope it's a..."
speculation may well plant seeds for future projects. After all, here
is where the freight car expertise is!

Tom Madden

Yahoo! Groups Links

Miller, Andrew S. <asmiller@...>

I almost hate to mention it to this group, but no one has considered
the possibility that Kadee is joining the ranks of passenger car
builders! Branchline, Walthers, and now BLI have all been successful
in that market. It can not have escaped Kadee's notice.

regards,

Andy Miller

Richard Townsend

Of course! They're bringing out the USRA RPO!<G> (Who remembers that controversy from the old MRding?

--
Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

"Miller, Andrew S." <asmiller@mitre.org> wrote:

I almost hate to mention it to this group, but no one has considered
the possibility that Kadee is joining the ranks of passenger car
builders! � Branchline, Walthers, and now BLI have all been successful
in that market. �It can not have escaped Kadee's notice.

regards,

Andy Miller

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

S. Busch <SCSBusch@...>

Sam Clarke from Kadee says:

Hello Group,
Isn't this fun...guessing, wishing, speculating, hoping, dreaming?
- Just so long as it has USRA style [[ real springs ]] Andrews trucks -

Hah!

- Steve Busch, starting that controversy again
Duncan, SC

Tim O'Connor

I didn't think the AAR alt std hopper came with Andrews trucks. :-)

It's gotta be the hopper.

From: "S. Busch" <SCSBusch@Worldnet.ATT.Net>

Just so long as it has USRA style [[ real springs ]] Andrews trucks -

Schuyler Larrabee

Dream on, Andy, dream on . . .

SGL

I almost hate to mention it to this group, but no one has
considered the possibility that Kadee is joining the ranks of
passenger car
builders! Branchline, Walthers, and now BLI have all been successful
in that market. It can not have escaped Kadee's notice.

regards,

Andy Miller

David Smith <dsmith@...>

That I can answer - I typed oe and the spell checker in Outlook put it
in for me ;-)

Dave Smith

Mac users can get them, too. Email me off list, and I'll tell you how.
--

Brian Ehni
Trying to avoid moderation

From: David Smith <dsmith@davinci-center.org>