From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob
Chaparro
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2006 2:34 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Article On Santa Fe's Rebuilt Reefers

The current issue of Railroad Model Craftsman (August 2006) has an
excellent eight-page article by Ted Culotta on Santa Fe's rebuilt USRA-
design reefers, starting on Page 92. There are many prototype and
model images accompanying this article as well as a wealth of car
detail information. Also mentioned are some new Santa Fe reefer kits
based on later USRA design rebuilds about to be released by Sunshine
Models.

Bob Chaparro
Citrus Industry Modeling Group
_

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>

There is an error in the text of the captions on page 95. It should be "Rr-43" not "Rr-45" as stated. Also, it's hard to say it in the article, but I LOVE these new Sunshine kits. Sometimes a model just strikes one's fancy and these hit me from the moment I saw the castings. Charlie Slater is really to be commended for his efforts.

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
645 Tanner Marsh Road, Guilford, CT 06437
info@speedwitch.com
www.speedwitch.com
(650) 787-1912

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...>

Ted Culotta wrote:

Also, it's hard to say it in the
article, but I LOVE these new Sunshine kits. Sometimes a model just
strikes one's fancy and these hit me from the moment I saw the
castings. Charlie Slater is really to be commended for his efforts.
Well, gee, Ted - thanks a lot! That pretty well assures they'll all be
gone by the time I arrive at the Amarillo convention Friday morning!

Tom Madden

Paul Lyons

I have built almost all of the Sunshine kits which have Charlie Slater's masters and they are the best kits Martin has ever produced.

Paul Lyons
Laguna Niguel, CA

There is an error in the text of the captions on page 95. It should be
"Rr-43" not "Rr-45" as stated. Also, it's hard to say it in the
article, but I LOVE these new Sunshine kits. Sometimes a model just
strikes one's fancy and these hit me from the moment I saw the
castings. Charlie Slater is really to be commended for his efforts.

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
645 Tanner Marsh Road, Guilford, CT 06437
info@speedwitch.com
www.speedwitch.com
(650) 787-1912

tyesac@...

In a message dated 7/17/2006 9:27:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
tgmadden@worldnet.att.net writes:
Ted Culotta wrote:

Also, it's hard to say it in the
article, but I LOVE these new Sunshine kits. Sometimes a model just
strikes one's fancy and these hit me from the moment I saw the
castings. Charlie Slater is really to be commended for his efforts.
Well, gee, Ted - thanks a lot! That pretty well assures they'll all be
gone by the time I arrive at the Amarillo convention Friday morning!

Tom Madden
Tom,

You'd have about an equal chance at the Napperville RPM in October as well.

In other words, about the same as the "bait" in a shark feeding frenzy!

Tom C

Steve Sandifer <jssand@...>

I'm sure glad you are arriving. We look forward to the SEAC clinic.
J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer
mailto:steve.sandifer@swcentral.org