Topics

Model Train Magazine Index (was Tichy/Gould Reefer)

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Al Brown wrote:
"For you moderns there's also a Web index to model railroad
magazines, but I can never remember the URL when I need it."

http://index.mrmag.com

Strongly recommend you bookmark it (Go to "Favorites" at the top of
your browser, then click on "Add to Favorites").

Ben Hom

Garth Groff <ggg9y@...>

Ben and Al:

And I strongly recommend you use the index with caution. As I recently found out, some articles are missing that definitely sould be there, or at least they don't index properly on a search. And some have incorrect information (author's name, in the case of my last search).

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

benjaminfrank_hom wrote:

Al Brown wrote:
"For you moderns there's also a Web index to model railroad magazines, but I can never remember the URL when I need it."

http://index.mrmag.com

Strongly recommend you bookmark it (Go to "Favorites" at the top of your browser, then click on "Add to Favorites").

Ben Hom

Tony Thompson

Garth Groff wrote:
And I strongly recommend you use the index with caution. As I recently
found out, some articles are missing that definitely sould be there, or
at least they don't index properly on a search. And some have incorrect
information (author's name, in the case of my last search).
Well said, Garth. I have run into this also. Wonder if there's an e-mail where corrections, suggestions, or complaints could go . . . Andy should know.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Don Burn <burn@...>

There is a link at the bottom of the index page for trainindex@... for such things.

Don Burn

And I strongly recommend you use the index with caution. As I recently
found out, some articles are missing that definitely sould be there,
or
at least they don't index properly on a search. And some have
incorrect
information (author's name, in the case of my last search).
Well said, Garth. I have run into this also. Wonder if there's
an e-mail where corrections, suggestions, or complaints could go . . .
Andy should know.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Yahoo! Groups Links

http://www.eset.com

Tony Thompson

Don Burn wrote:
There is a link at the bottom of the index page for trainindex@... for such things.
(Sound of palm striking forehead) Should have visited to look for same . . . thanks, Don.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Andy Sperandeo <asperandeo@...>

Regarding our online magazine index, please send any corrections or
omissions to Erik Bergstrom, ebergstrom@....

Thanks,

Andy

Andy Sperandeo
Executive Editor
Model Railroader magazine
asperandeo@...
262-796-8776, ext. 461
FAX 262-796-1142

al_brown03

To test the online index for utility in finding out about steam-era
freight cars, I searched for Tony's kit review that started this
discussion -- and guess what, couldn't find it. Lots of Tony's other
articles and stuff on PFE, but not this one. Are product reviews not
indexed, or something like that?

I guess my original manual search method wasn't as horse-and-buggy as
it seemed.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Al Brown wrote:
"To test the online index for utility in finding out about steam-era
freight cars, I searched for Tony's kit review that started this
discussion -- and guess what, couldn't find it. Lots of Tony's other
articles and stuff on PFE, but not this one. Are product reviews not
indexed, or something like that?"

Product reviews are not indexed.

Ben Hom