Plausible PRR reweigh location codes for G30 etc. gons?


oliver
 

What are plausible PRR reweigh codes/lettering for these and other PRR
gons. I'm using a Komar dry transfer for a Tichy War Emergency car and
it only has a "New" date. I can't make out the corect lettering from
The Keystone Modeller article.

Thanks in advance
Stefan Lerche'
Duncan, BC


Tony Thompson
 

Stefan Lerche' wrote:
What are plausible PRR reweigh codes/lettering for these and other PRR gons. I'm using a Komar dry transfer for a Tichy War Emergency car and it only has a "New" date. I can't make out the corect lettering from The Keystone Modeller article.
Stefan, I like to use the codes from the major PRR yards, such as Enola (P-50) or Conway (P-341). You also seen P-712 fairly often (the Terre Haute shop) and also P-450 (the Fort Wayne car shop).

Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history


oliver
 

Thanks Tony!
I was wondering what shops those cryptic PRR codes represented.
Stefan

Not being a--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Tony Thompson
<thompsonmarytony@...> wrote:

Stefan Lerche' wrote:
What are plausible PRR reweigh codes/lettering for these and
other PRR
gons. I'm using a Komar dry transfer for a Tichy War Emergency
car and
it only has a "New" date. I can't make out the corect lettering
from
The Keystone Modeller article.
Stefan, I like to use the codes from the major PRR yards,
such as
Enola (P-50) or Conway (P-341). You also seen P-712 fairly often
(the
Terre Haute shop) and also P-450 (the Fort Wayne car shop).

Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@...
Publishers of books on railroad history


Brian J Carlson <brian@...>
 

If anyone wants a key to the different PRR Track Scale abbreviations, a list
from 1923 can be found at
http://prr.railfan.net/lists/track_scales_1923.html. I have one from 1945
but it is not online. It is interesting to note that renumbering may have
occurred as the 1923 list, lists P-450 as the Indiana Harbor, Ind., Car
Shop, and not Fort Wayne car Shop (P-441) as mentioned by Mr. Thompson, the
others match what he said.

Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY


Tony Thompson
 

Brian J Carlson wrote:
It is interesting to note that renumbering may have occurred as the 1923 list, lists P-450 as the Indiana Harbor, Ind., Car Shop, and not Fort Wayne car Shop (P-441) as mentioned by Mr. Thompson, the others match what he said.
My list came from the PRR list provided years ago by Richard Hendrickson, the era of which I don't know. I have handed that list out as part of the handout for my Pennsy freight car modeling clinic over a number of years.

Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history


Gatwood, Elden J SAD <Elden.J.Gatwood@...>
 

Guys;

Station P-62 (Holidaysburg or E. Altoona?) was also used really frequently on
gon shoppings through the end of this list's interests, as it was the
designated site for rebuildings of that fleet. Check out some photos and
you'll see it over and over.

No, I did not have decals for that one, since I need way more than a handful
and no one makes it (I can't stand piecing stuff that small together), but I
intend on doing a sheet of these when I get out from under all the rest of
this stuff...

Elden Gatwood

-----Original Message-----
From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
stefanelaine
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 10:12 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Plausible PRR reweigh location codes for G30 etc. gons?

Thanks Tony!
I was wondering what shops those cryptic PRR codes represented.
Stefan

Not being a--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Tony Thompson
<thompsonmarytony@...> wrote:

Stefan Lerche' wrote:
What are plausible PRR reweigh codes/lettering for these and
other PRR
gons. I'm using a Komar dry transfer for a Tichy War Emergency
car and
it only has a "New" date. I can't make out the corect lettering
from
The Keystone Modeller article.
Stefan, I like to use the codes from the major PRR yards,
such as
Enola (P-50) or Conway (P-341). You also seen P-712 fairly often
(the
Terre Haute shop) and also P-450 (the Fort Wayne car shop).

Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@...
Publishers of books on railroad history






Yahoo! Groups Links


benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>
 

BTW guys, there aren't any dashes in PRR scale codes either.


Ben Hom


Tony Thompson
 

Gatwood, Elden wrote:
Station P-62 (Holidaysburg or E. Altoona?) was also used really frequently on
gon shoppings through the end of this list's interests, as it was the
designated site for rebuildings of that fleet. Check out some photos and
you'll see it over and over.
Elden, the list I have gives P62 as Hollidaysburg EB, and P63 as Hollidaysburg WB, meaning scale tracks in the EB and WB yards.
Yesterday Brian Carlson commented that P450 is Indiana Harbor and P441 is Fort Wayne. Rechecking my list, I agree. Terre Haute is P712. I mis-typed what I thought I was saying <g>.

Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history