6000 gallon tank car

Jared Harper <harper-brown@...>

Has anyone offered an HO scale model of a 6000 gallon tank car?

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

Jim & Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>

Sunshine offers a 6500 gallon tank car.

Jim Hayes

Portland Oregon

,___

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Jared Harper asks:

"Has anyone offered an HO scale model of a 6000 gallon tank car?"

I don't know but SC&F will be offering one.

Mike Brock

Tim Gilbert <tgilbert@...>

Jared Harper wrote:

Has anyone offered an HO scale model of a 6000 gallon tank car?

Jim Hayes suggested:

Sunshine offers a 6500 gallon tank car.
Mike Brock added:

I don't know but SC&F will be offering one.

The Sunshine 6,500 Gallon Tank Car is not generic. IIRC, it was a UTLX X-3 meaning that it was in service only to lessees of the Union Tank Car Company. The primary lessees of UTLX were the "Baby Standards."

I believe that SC&F's offering will be a model of a tank car built by the Standard Tank Car Company of Sharon PA which GATX purchased in 1927. Again, the car is not generic, although more so than a UTLX X-3.

Tim Gilbert

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 9, 2006, at 7:44 PM, Jared Harper wrote:

Has anyone offered an HO scale model of a 6000 gallon tank car?
Precision Scale's standard gauge UTLX Van Dyke tank car model is a 6,500 gal. car; though built shortly after the turn of the century, many were still in service in the 1940s. Sunshine also offers a resin kit for a UTLX 6,500 gal. X-3 class tank car. Unfortunately, there are as yet no HO scale models of either AC&F or GATC 6,000 gal. tank cars, though - as Mike Brock says - Jon Cagle is working on a resin kit for a Standard Tank Car Co. 6,000 gallon car.

Richard Hendrickson

Rob Kirkham <rdkirkham@...>

Key question on this one: when???

Rob Kirkham

"Has anyone offered an HO scale model of a 6000 gallon tank car?"
I don't know but SC&F will be offering one.
Mike Brock
[snip]

Tim O'Connor

Jared Harper wrote:

Has anyone offered an HO scale model of a 6000 gallon tank car?
Didn't Trix produce a model of a 6000 gallon tank car?
Or are you interested only in riveted, non-insulated cars?

Tim O'Connor

gary laakso

W&R did import a 6,000 gal tank car with the high running boards made by ACF in both one and two dome verions.

gary laakso,
south of Mike Brock