Detail Associates GS gon decals

pierreoliver2003 <pierre.oliver@...>

A friend of mine has one each of the GS gons in question. He'd like to
find a reasonable set of decals that would be correct for these models.
Ant suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Pierre Oliver

rgs0554

--- In STMFC@..., "pierreoliver2003" <pierre.oliver@...>
wrote:

A friend of mine has one each of the GS gons in question. He'd like to
find a reasonable set of decals that would be correct for these models.
Ant suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Pierre Oliver
Hi Pierre, It depends upon what era and road your friend wishes to
letter his cars. If Union Pacific, then Champ Decals set HG-146 (white
lettering) is suitable for the early 40's while Champ set HG-145
(yellow lettering) is suitable for late 40's and on. I know these sets
are quite accurate because I provided Rich Meyer with the UP lettering
information when he made the decals. I suspect that Champ set SHS-144
is also quite accurate for SP cars. I think Rich made them from SP
data. Champ decals can be ordered online at:

http://www.minot.com/~champ/

If your friend wishes to do other roads which had similar cars such as
IC, probably the best approach would be to combine the dimensional data
from one of the Champ sets (UP is Gothic or sans-serif while SP is
Roman or with serifs) with a Champ road name set. This approach will
at least get them in the ballpark. Regards, Don Smith

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Don Smith wrote:
I suspect that Champ set SHS-144 is also quite accurate for SP cars. I think Rich made them from SP data.
That set is quite accurate. RIch did use some SP data and I provided additional info.

Publishers of books on railroad history