Prototype Photos

rayswm05 <rayswesternmarylandrr@...>

Hello,
I am trying to find out some information on a fellow who used to sell
freight car photos. His name was Frank M. Ellington and he used to be
located in Panora, Iowa. I purchased some photos from him about 10
years ago. As I recall,his photos were from the American Car &
Foundry's St. Charles, MO factory. Does anyone know if he still offers
his photos, or if someone else may have taken over his files. Any info
appreciated.
Thanks,
Ray Price

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Ray Price wrote:
I am trying to find out some information on a fellow who used to sell freight car photos. His name was Frank M. Ellington and he used to be located in Panora, Iowa. I purchased some photos from him about 10 years ago. As I recall,his photos were from the American Car & Foundry's St. Charles, MO factory. Does anyone know if he still offers his photos, or if someone else may have taken over his files. Any info appreciated.
Ray, Frank has not sold photos for some years. He has age issues (I don't know whether it is Alzheimer's or not) and cannot do printing or shipping any more. Whether anyone else is making Frank's fine collection accessible, I don't know. Hopefully someone on the list will know more.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Steve SANDIFER

Frank has moved and has aging issues which makes further printing impossible. I have what is left of his picked over slide collection and have been scanning them for the Santa Fe Society. He tells stories of folks who "borrowed" slides for projects and never returned them. I don't know who has his negatives.

J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer
mailto:steve.sandifer@...
Home: 12027 Mulholland Dr., Meadows Place, TX 77477, 281-568-9918
Office: Southwest Central Church of Christ, 4011 W. Bellfort, Houston, TX
77025, 713-667-9417
Personal: http://www.geocities.com/stevesandifer2000/index
Church: http://www.swcentral.org

I am trying to find out some information on a fellow who used to sell
freight car photos. His name was Frank M. Ellington and he used to be
located in Panora, Iowa. I purchased some photos from him about 10
years ago. As I recall,his photos were from the American Car &
Foundry's St. Charles, MO factory. Does anyone know if he still offers
his photos, or if someone else may have taken over his files. Any info
appreciated.
Thanks,
Ray Price

Jared Harper <harper-brown@...>

(I don't know whether it is Alzheimer's or not)
Yes.
Jared Harper
Athens, GA