ADMIN: The Scope of the STMFC

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

I think it's a good time to remind the members of the rules of the STMFC regarding "scope". The rules clearly state:

"The purpose of the group is to discuss all aspects of North American
standard gauge freight cars of the steam era [ 1900-1960 ]. The objectives
include the sharing of
information about railroad freight cars including their operation, cargos,
distribution and the various techniques of building
models of them. ALL SUBJECTS OTHER THAN THOSE DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED WITH STEAM
ERA FREIGHT
CARS ARE PROHIBITED FROM MEMBER MESSAGES."

I decided earlier today to allow some discussion about steam locos as they relate to frt train operations. Such discussions AND discussions about products carried in frt cars may at any time be terminated by STMFC mgt when such discussions seem to be getting too far afield from our primary subject...frt cars.

So, discussions about bananas is now terminated except in those cases directly associated with frt cars.

OTOH, discussions about RR mgt with regard to union activities, RR mgt in general and/or unions in general are NOT within the scope of the STMFC and those continuing such discussions after this reminder are at risk of having to develop a taste for the food in Moderate Jail [ now where did I put the key? ].

Thanks.

Mike Brock
STMFC Owner