Topics

SLRX and SRLX reporting marks

Peter Weiglin

Let me warn about what will seem obvious to some.

SLRX was St. Louis Refrigerator (Xpress)
SRLX was Swift Refrigerator Line (Xpress)

The two can be confused; I have a dim memory of some decals that were made incorrectly years ago and applied by an unsuspecting modeler who is now much older, if not wiser.

Peter Weiglin
Amelia, OH

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...>

Peter Weiglin wrote:

Let me warn about what will seem obvious to some.

SLRX was St. Louis Refrigerator (Xpress)
SRLX was Swift Refrigerator Line (Xpress)

The two can be confused; I have a dim memory of some decals that
were made incorrectly years ago and applied by an unsuspecting
modeler who is now much older, if not wiser.
Paul Larson, October 1953 MODEL RAILROADER, "Building an HO Swift
Reefer" is the one I remember. Unfortunately, Paul is not now much
older, having passed away in 1973.

No, I don't have total recall. In August 2005 someone on this list
asked about that article and I scanned a page of it for him. Came
across the image just two days ago.

Tom Madden

Barry Roth

It was part of Paul Larson's excellent "dollar car" scratchbuilding series of articles, the closest thing I ever had to a personal lesson in building from scratch and the opening of a wonderful world to me. I'm pretty sure that Paul himself was wised up about the "dyslexic" (Champ?) decal and mentioned it in the article.

Barry Roth

pullmanboss <tgmadden@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
Peter Weiglin wrote:

Let me warn about what will seem obvious to some.

SLRX was St. Louis Refrigerator (Xpress)
SRLX was Swift Refrigerator Line (Xpress)

The two can be confused; I have a dim memory of some decals that
were made incorrectly years ago and applied by an unsuspecting
modeler who is now much older, if not wiser.
Paul Larson, October 1953 MODEL RAILROADER, "Building an HO Swift
Reefer" is the one I remember. Unfortunately, Paul is not now much
older, having passed away in 1973.

No, I don't have total recall. In August 2005 someone on this list
asked about that article and I scanned a page of it for him. Came
across the image just two days ago.

.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time