South Buffalo

White lettering is completely incorrect. When I worked at K-Val Hobbies in
Buffalo we had Third Rail Graphics do three runs of South Buffalo hoppers,
total of nine road numbers. We used an Athearn car. We also used official
South Buffalo Ry painting and lettering diagrams and drawings that we obtained
directly from the engineering people in Bethlehem, Pa. I handled all the
phone calls and correspondence between K-Val and Bethlehem Steel. Somewhere I
still have the drawings that came from Bethlehem. I can state categorically
that the material direct from the company specified an yellow color for the
lettering.

Terry Link <trlink@...>

Kadee announced they are releasing the 2 bay offset hopper in South Buffalo stock #7024 - ( was hoping they would do this road). Problem is, the lettering on the model is white.

Any South Buffalo car I've seen has always had yellow lettering.

Does anyone know if there were any cars painted white lettering ?

Terry Link
Bramalea, Ontario, Canada
trlink@...
www.canadasouthern.com

Terry Link <trlink@...>

White lettering is completely incorrect. When I worked at K-Val Hobbies in
Buffalo we had Third Rail Graphics do three runs of South Buffalo hoppers,
total of nine road numbers. We used an Athearn car. We also used official
South Buffalo Ry painting and lettering diagrams and drawings that we obtained
directly from the engineering people in Bethlehem, Pa. I handled all the
phone calls and correspondence between K-Val and Bethlehem Steel. Somewhere I
still have the drawings that came from Bethlehem. I can state categorically
that the material direct from the company specified an yellow color for the
lettering.
Hugh:

Thanks for the confirmation.

Terry Link
Bramalea, Ontario, Canada
trlink@...
www.canadasouthern.com

Gatwood, Elden J SAD <Elden.J.Gatwood@...>

You guys are right! Has anyone informed Kadee? They may still have time to
correct it before they get printed.

Elden Gatwood

________________________________

Kadee announced they are releasing the 2 bay offset hopper in South Buffalo
stock #7024 - ( was hoping they would do this road). Problem is, the
lettering on the model is white.

Any South Buffalo car I've seen has always had yellow lettering.

Does anyone know if there were any cars painted white lettering ?

Terry Link
Bramalea, Ontario, Canada
trlink@... <mailto:trlink%40canadasouthern.com>
www.canadasouthern.com

Ed Hawkins

On Apr 11, 2007, at 9:16 AM, Gatwood, Elden J SAD wrote:

You guys are right! Has anyone informed Kadee? They may still have
time to
correct it before they get printed.
Elden,
I notified Sam Clarke last night.