WP models [was: Modeler's support of freight car models]

Barry Roth

Is there some reference that tells what bashes or detailing could be done with advantage to the WP MDC 50 ft auto car? Maybe someone here has done it and can give a firsthand report.

Barry Roth

Dave Nelson <muskoka@...> wrote:
Andy Carlson wrote:
My experience has me believing the WP modelers among the LEAST
supportive of freight car things WP. I believe their indifference is
greater than can be explained by their relatively small numbers.
[...] And that 50' auto car nicely done in HO by MDC.

.

---------------------------------
with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

Andy Carlson

Richard Hendrickson was most helpful years ago when I was making patterns for this WP DD SS 50' boxcar. He informed me with photographic examples how it was remarkably similar to the MP cars, remarkable in an era when too few designs were shared with other roads, which is probably why MDC selected this car to do.

With some side sill reinforcements (and deletions), and some substituting of wood doors, MP T&P and IGN cars are doable with the MDC car, and I believe that MDC did do these cars fairly accurately.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Barry Roth <barry_roth@...> wrote: Is there some reference that tells what bashes or detailing could be done with advantage to the WP MDC 50 ft auto car? Maybe someone here has done it and can give a firsthand report.

Brian Leppert <b.leppert@...>

Richard Hendrickson wrote just the articles you need in the July 1995 and July 1996 issues of Railmodel Journal.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV