SP A-50-10 Fifty Foot, OB end door Boxcar

Bill Kelly

Tony,
Take another look, the A end is sheathed like the sides. There is a 5'-6
1/2" belt rail starting 2'-1" the floor on the sides.This belt rail
extends up a little farther on the A end due to the arrangement of the
depressions in the end. I agree that the end doors do not appear to be
sheathed.

Later,
Bill Kelly

Tony wrote:
Gary, as I read the Cyc drawing (reproduced in my Volume 3)
there was no end lining at either end, but I don't have an interior
photo
to be sure.

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

gary laakso wrote:
I have the HO Oriental Models import of this car and 2 questions: 1) were the end doors lined in wood and 2) what decals should be used?
Gary, as I read the Cyc drawing (reproduced in my Volume 3) there was no end lining at either end, but I don't have an interior photo to be sure. I used the Champ road-name set and did all the dimensional data from various sets, sometimes character by character as needed.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Tim O'Connor

The only photos I have are of Erie and NP cars, and the doors are
lined. Small SP heralds can be found from Champ & Microscale. There
are no specific sets for this car in HO.

I have the HO Oriental Models import of this car and 2 questions: 1) were&#92;
the end doors lined in wood and 2) what decals should be used?
gary laakso
south of mike brock
vasa0vasa@earthlink.net

gary laakso