SAL "Silver Comet" or "Silver Star "decals?

oliver

Looking for HO Seaboard Air Line decals with the "Silver Comet" or
"Silver Star" slogan for 24300-499, 24800-999 and 25300-499 PS-1
boxcar series built from 1948-52. Everyone makes the "Meteor" slogan
for other cars, but I can't find these two at the usual suspects. Any
ideas?
Thanks in advance
Stefan Lerche'
Duncan, BC

destron@...

Doesn't the Speedwitch SAL set have these in it? I think it does... it has
the Robert E Lee slogan, I'd be surprised if it didn't have these.

Frank Valoczy,
New Westminster, BC

Looking for HO Seaboard Air Line decals with the "Silver Comet" or
"Silver Star" slogan for 24300-499, 24800-999 and 25300-499 PS-1
boxcar series built from 1948-52. Everyone makes the "Meteor" slogan
for other cars, but I can't find these two at the usual suspects. Any
ideas?
Thanks in advance
Stefan Lerche'
Duncan, BC

Yahoo! Groups Links

!DSPAM:1291,465a4749269811327311849!

Paul Lyons

Try Ted Culotta's Speedwitch site. The decals are not for PS-1's, but the slogans should work.

Paul Lyons

Laguna Niguel, CA

Looking for HO Seaboard Air Line decals with the "Silver Comet" or
"Silver Star" slogan for 24300-499, 24800-999 and 25300-499 PS-1
boxcar series built from 1948-52. Everyone makes the "Meteor" slogan
for other cars, but I can't find these two at the usual suspects. Any
ideas?
Thanks in advance
Stefan Lerche'
Duncan, BC

oliver

Thanks, but Ted's excellent decal only has the Silver Meteor slogan.
Been there...Can anyone confirm what slogan Champ HB-8 has?
thanks
Stefan

--- In STMFC@..., destron@... wrote:

Doesn't the Speedwitch SAL set have these in it? I think it does...
it has
the Robert E Lee slogan, I'd be surprised if it didn't have these.

Frank Valoczy,
New Westminster, BC

Looking for HO Seaboard Air Line decals with the "Silver Comet" or
"Silver Star" slogan for 24300-499, 24800-999 and 25300-499 PS-1
boxcar series built from 1948-52. Everyone makes the "Meteor" slogan
for other cars, but I can't find these two at the usual suspects. Any
ideas?
Thanks in advance
Stefan Lerche'
Duncan, BC

Yahoo! Groups Links

!DSPAM:1291,465a4749269811327311849!

Rich C

Stefan,

Here is the list of the heralds in the Champ Sets,
some are still available on their website:

HB-7 Route Of The Robert E. Lee
HB-8 The Route Of Courteous Service
HB-13 Route Of The Silver Meteor
HB-31 Silver Comet

http://www.minot.com/~champ/

I know Walthers made several sets, but I don't have
that info handy at the moment.

Rich Christie

--- In STMFC@..., destron@... wrote:

Doesn't the Speedwitch SAL set have these in it? I
think it does...
it has
the Robert E Lee slogan, I'd be surprised if it
didn't have these.

Frank Valoczy,
New Westminster, BC

Looking for HO Seaboard Air Line decals with the
"Silver Comet" or
"Silver Star" slogan for 24300-499, 24800-999
and 25300-499 PS-1
boxcar series built from 1948-52. Everyone makes
the "Meteor" slogan
for other cars, but I can't find these two at
the usual suspects. Any
ideas?
Thanks in advance
Stefan Lerche'
Duncan, BC

Yahoo! Groups Links

!DSPAM:1291,465a4749269811327311849!

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail

oliver

Rich,
Thanks very much for that! It looks like I'll have to keep an eye out
for HB-31. Anyone want to part with one or two sets?
Stefan

--- In STMFC@..., destron@ wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately I have no sets to part with right now. I
went on a splurge many years ago finding single Champ
Sets that were being discontinued. I managed to just
get 1 of each of the ones in question.

You may try Ebay and some of the forums out there, I
have heard of Seaboard-Atlantic Coast Line groups and
forums, but can't find the links right now.

Rich

http://sims.yahoo.com/

destron@...

You may try Ebay and some of the forums out there, I
have heard of Seaboard-Atlantic Coast Line groups and
forums, but can't find the links right now.
Might try ACL-SAL-SCLmodeler@..., it's off and on, but helpful
people on the subject.

Frank Valoczy

golden1014

Stefan,

Don't pull the trigger and order yet. Let me see what I've got and
I'll get back with you tonight or tomorrow. I may have everything
you need, and I'll ship it to you free (I have a bunch of every
Champ SAL decal).

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL

--- In STMFC@..., "stefanelaine" <stefanelaine@...>