True Line Trains CN Box Cars


golden1014
 

Gentlemen,

I got an electronic flyer from True Line Trains this
week announcing delivery of their CN all-steel box car
models. I haven't heard any mention of the cars on
this list, so I thought I'd pass the link along for
your information and/or review. Here's the catalog
listing from Canadian Model Trains:

http://www.modeltrains.com/WEB%20-%20CMT/True%20Line%20Trains/HO/true-line-trains-canadian-national.htm

Here's a link to one of the cars, with no herald:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300000-1%20copy.jpg

Here's a link to one of the cars with the Maple Leaf
herald:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300004-1%20copy.jpg

And here's a link to one of the cars with a green
Maple Leaf:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300008-1%20copy.jpg

They're also offering an interesting paint
scheme--I've never seen a prototype car with this
scheme:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300011-1%20copy.jpg

John



John Golden
O'Fallon, IL

http://www.pbase.com/golden1014


Tim O'Connor
 

John Riddell mentioned this "paint" scheme was for prototype cars
made with aluminum sides.

They're also offering an interesting paint
scheme--I've never seen a prototype car with this
scheme:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300011-1%20copy.jpg

John Golden


oliver
 

Of which there were only three IIRC.
Stefan

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:


John Riddell mentioned this "paint" scheme was for prototype cars
made with aluminum sides.


They're also offering an interesting paint
scheme--I've never seen a prototype car with this
scheme:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300011-1%20copy.jpg

John Golden


LOUIS WHITELEY <octoraro1@...>
 

Judging by the reweigh/repaint dates on these photos, am I correct to assume that the scheme with no leaf was in effect in 1948, the white maple leaf in 1951, and the green leaf in 1954? Are more specific dates for the changeovers available?

Lou Whiteley
Lawrenceville, NJ

John Golden <golden1014@yahoo.com> wrote:
Gentlemen,

I got an electronic flyer from True Line Trains this
week announcing delivery of their CN all-steel box car
models. I haven't heard any mention of the cars on
this list, so I thought I'd pass the link along for
your information and/or review. Here's the catalog
listing from Canadian Model Trains:

http://www.modeltrains.com/WEB%20-%20CMT/True%20Line%20Trains/HO/true-line-trains-canadian-national.htm

Here's a link to one of the cars, with no herald:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300000-1%20copy.jpg

Here's a link to one of the cars with the Maple Leaf
herald:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300004-1%20copy.jpg

And here's a link to one of the cars with a green
Maple Leaf:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300008-1%20copy.jpg

They're also offering an interesting paint
scheme--I've never seen a prototype car with this
scheme:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300011-1%20copy.jpg

John

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL

http://www.pbase.com/golden1014


ajfergusonca <ajferguson@...>
 

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, LOUIS WHITELEY <octoraro1@...> wrote:

Judging by the reweigh/repaint dates on these photos, am I correct
to assume that the scheme with no leaf was in effect in 1948, the
white maple leaf in 1951, and the green leaf in 1954? Are more
specific dates for the changeovers available?

1.No leaves were applied earlier than 1943
2.The white leaves were applied 1943, 1944
3.The green leaf with tilted wafer serves all canada 1945-1954
4.the green leaf with horiz wafer serves all canada 1954-1961
5.the green leaf with tilted horiz wafer canada's largest railway
1945/1946
6.The noodle was post '61

The reweigh dates were not picked to be the earliest use but to hit
the maximum number of modelers. The car would not have been
repainted during a reweigh thus most white leaf cars were unchanged
(except for the reweigh) for 10 or more years after inital painting.
etc etc

Allen Ferguson