Topics

Tim Gilbert - B&M Caboose Book

John Hitzeman

RE: Tim Gilbert's Caboose Book --- I have a copy right here in hand, that
Tim presented to me several years ago.

The book was apparently published by the Salisbury Point Railroad
Historical Society.

There is contact information -- an individual -- so if anyone is
interested in getting a copy from the SPRHS, email me off-list
and I'll send you the name and phone number. The book was published
in 1999, so there isn't an email addy that I can find.

JH

PS The full title of the book is:

??? 'Boston & Maine Cabooses'
'A History of Development & Use'
?????????? '1914-1955'

And yes, it is VERY thorough!!!!! ;o)

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, timboconnor@... wrote:

What book on railroad cabooses did Tim write? I searched for any
books with author = Gilbert but didn't find any caboose book.

Tim O'Connor
Tim
I did a Google search on "Tim Gilbert caboose" and found the
following
info

"The definitive reference to date is Tim Gilbert's B&M Cabooses - A
History of Devlopment & Use 1914 - 1955 (B&W, Salisbury Point
Railroad Historical Society 1999). This book contains diagrams,
photos and a complete roster, including the ex-L & NE cars."

Bill Jones

John Hitzeman
President/Owner
American Model Builders, Inc.
LASERkit (tm)
www.rgspemkt.com
www.ambstlouis.net
www.laserkit.com

rwitt_2000 <rmwitt@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, rgspemkt@... wrote:

[...]

I just purchased a copy from the Society's web site.

http://salisburypoint.tnsing.com/

Now I will have something done by Tim to remember him.

Bob Witt
Indianapolis, Indiana