Grain Door Construction

w2msj

I am trying to determine the size and construction of wood grain
doors. Dan Holbrook wrote an article: Introduction to Bulk Grain Door
Handling. In the article he references a (1938?) reprint of "AAR
Standard Grain Door". My copy did not include this reprint and a
google and archive search did not provide the information. Can someone
point me to a location where I might find this information? Thanks,
Lynn Finch

Jared Harper <harper-brown@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "loconut35" <lmfin@...> wrote:

I am trying to determine the size and construction of wood grain
doors. Can someone
point me to a location where I might find this information?
I know of two articles: "Modeling Grain Doors For Box Cars" by Martin
Loftin in Railmodel Journal, November 1990, pp. 16-25m and "Grain
Doors" by Dan Holbrook in Railmodel Journal, September 1992, pp. 6-14.

Jared Harper
Athens, GA