Grain doors

Eric

A question about grain doors, both wood and paper. Were they
installed on both sides of the car or just the side they were loading?

It would seem to me you would put them on both sides since wouldn't
know which side of the car might be opened.

Eric Petersson

Ljack70117@...

Both sides.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
Boca Raton FL
ljack70117@...
I was born with nothing and
I have most of it left

On Sep 9, 2007, at 6:16 PM, eric petersson wrote:

A question about grain doors, both wood and paper. Were they
installed on both sides of the car or just the side they were loading?

It would seem to me you would put them on both sides since wouldn't
know which side of the car might be opened.

Eric Petersson

Yahoo! Groups Links

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

A question about grain doors, both wood and paper. Were they
installed on both sides of the car or just the side they were loading?

They would be needed on the other side to keep grain from leaking through cracks in the sliding door. Being grain tight was not part of the outside door spec.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478