Cars

armprem

I am striving to achieve some balance for my freight car roster.Can someone provide information as to the box car models available for the following roads:Rock Island,CNW,and IC ? Armand Premo

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Armand Premo wrote:
"I am striving to achieve some balance for my freight car roster. Can
someone provide information as to the box car models available for the
following roads: Rock Island,CNW,and IC ?"

What are your years of interest? 1947-1950?

Ben Hom

Tim O'Connor

What time period?

At 9/21/2007 07:07 PM Friday, you wrote:
I am striving to achieve some balance for my freight car roster.Can
someone provide information as to the box car models available for the
following roads:Rock Island,CNW,and IC ? Armand Premo

jim_mischke <jmischke@...>

We need to know prototype era and scale.

What is the theme of the car fleet you are trying to balance? Home
road? Locale? Traffic?

What modeling skill level are you comfotable with? Traditional
Athearn plastic? Resin?

--- In STMFC@..., "Armand Premo" <armprem@...> wrote:

I am striving to achieve some balance for my freight car
roster.Can
someone provide information as to the box car models available for
the
following roads:Rock Island,CNW,and IC ? Armand Premo

armprem

My specific area of interest is 1946/1950.Armand Premo

"I am striving to achieve some balance for my freight car roster. Can
someone provide information as to the box car models available for the
following roads: Rock Island,CNW,and IC ?"
What are your years of interest? 1947-1950?
Ben Hom
Yahoo! Groups Links

armprem

I quess I was really too vague.Sorry.HO ,1946 to 1950.Plastic or resin and prototypically accurate.Armand Premo

We need to know prototype era and scale.

What is the theme of the car fleet you are trying to balance? Home
road? Locale? Traffic?

What modeling skill level are you comfotable with? Traditional
Athearn plastic? Resin?

--- In STMFC@..., "Armand Premo" <armprem@...> wrote:

I am striving to achieve some balance for my freight car
roster.Can
someone provide information as to the box car models available for
the
following roads:Rock Island,CNW,and IC ? Armand Premo

Yahoo! Groups Links

Tim O'Connor

Armand

All three roads had 10'6" AAR box cars w/ 5/5 ends. You
can use the Intermountain, Athearn (IC only), or Sunshine
kits. CNW & RI had 3-bay offset hoppers, represented by
Stewart or Accurail kits. CNW had 53'6" AAR flat cars,
like the Proto 2000 kit. CNW leased Mather stock cars, also
Proto 2000. Accurail single sheathed Howe truss box car
is an IC car. Branchline: 1217 (NWX reefer), 1407 (box),
1416 (box).

There are dozens more. You should peruse the Sunshine kits
list, the Branchline web site, the Walthers web site, the
Athearn web site, etc. Resin RI kits are available from Ron
VanWerder.

Tim O'Connor

My specific area of interest is 1946/1950.Armand Premo
following roads: Rock Island,CNW,and IC ?"

armprem

Skill level?That's a tough one.I build almost anything that is appropriate for the era that I model.........roughly 1948 to 1950.I scratch build as well as build resin kits.If a model is prototypically accurate,or reasonably close,I may buy it.I pay strict attention to the built date,reweigh dates etc.My car fleet is culled from time to time to better represent the period that I model.I use wheel reports and ORERs as my shopping list.I also try to adhere to percentages of roads as to size and location.Quess that is somewhat of a long answer to a short question .Armand Premo