Naperville 2008

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Has anyone heard anything about NEXT year's Naperville dates? We have been moving "forward" in days, away from Halloween, but Martin may or may not continue that next year.

Publishers of books on railroad history

skibbs4 <mmrace4@...>

Has anyone heard anything about NEXT year's Naperville dates?
We
have been moving "forward" in days, away from Halloween, but Martin
may
or may not continue that next year.

Publishers of books on railroad history
Isn't it always the last weekend in October, no matter what day of the
week Halloween falls on? Can't imagine 2008 would be any different.

Mike Skibbe

tmolsen@...

List,

The only thing that may change is if the sale of the hotel goes through. Another firm has been working with the present owners of the hotel to purchase it. The City of Naperville wants to work with the new owners to expand the hotel and make it a convention center. The hotel would probably not be a Holiday Inn.

Tricia told me earlier this year that the purchase would not finalize until sometime in November, so they would be back this year. After the change of ownership, well, they would have to see what happens. It would probably mean another location in the area in following years if necessary, depending on price and available space.

I can't see the new owners not wanting to work with Sunshine considering the amount of business that the Seminar brings in.

Regards,

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road, West Branch
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479