Looking for Wisconsin Central Photos

Tom Makofski <tmak@...>

I am gathering information for modeling the WC 1900-1940. I am
having trouble finding photos of boxcars that they would be running
during this period. Any help either with photos or directions would
be appreciated.

Tom Makofski

NorthEastern Wisconsin Free-mo
Total Membership of 3 and Growing!

tmak@...

North Eastern Wisconsin Free-mo Group

http://www.pbase.com/tmak2654952/the_menasha_canal_module
updated 9/19/07

http://www.pbase.com/tmak2654952/galleries
all galleries

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Tom Makofski wrote:
I am gathering information for modeling the WC 1900-1940. I am having trouble finding photos of boxcars that they would be running during this period. Any help either with photos or directions would be appreciated.
This is a tough challenge, Tom! You would see, in this time period, everything from 30-foot truss-rod cars from the 19th century, down to the 1937 AAR steel box cars. Are you SURE you want info for this ENTIRE period?

Publishers of books on railroad history

Tom Makofski <tmak@...>

Initially that's the era I am interested in. My challenge so far is
find boxcar photos useful in modeling so I am intentionally keep the
era wide.

Tom

Dennis Storzek <destorzek@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Tom Makofski" <tmak@...> wrote:

Initially that's the era I am interested in. My challenge so far is
find boxcar photos useful in modeling so I am intentionally keep the
era wide.

Tom
Tom,

I can help you narrow that era a lot, since in 1909 the Wisconsin
Central was leased by the Soo Line, becoming the Soo's Chicago
Division, and totally lost its separate identity. In 1961 the WC and
the M StP & SSM (Soo) were merged into the Duluth South Shore &
Atlantic to form the Soo Line Railroad Company, and all three former
lines lost their separate identities. So, if you want to model the WC
any time after 1909, you model the Soo Line.

This is a great list for general questions about freight cars, but if
you need specific info about the railroads themselves, come on over to
the SooLineHistory list at:

Where we can help you sort out the Soo Line roster.

Dennis