Refrigerator Lines Reefer before. The photo was taken by Ed Kirstatter
at AC&Y's East Akron yard in 1959. Curious if there are records for
the ca 1950's lessors of WRX 9000-series reefers... who leased WRX
#9048? No other identification is visible except the end reporting
marks. WRX #9048 has pale yellow sides with freight car red ends and
roof. Note Accurail and Branchline both offer WRX 9000-series reefers
(Green Bay & Western, lessor) in a grey scheme.

Tim O'Connor

Bob

I have pre-1960 scans of WRX 9047, 9099, both leased to GB&W.
They are b/w so I can't say what the paint scheme is, but as
far as I know, GB&W cars only had gray sides.

Tim O'Connor

At 11/18/2007 11:36 PM Sunday, you wrote:
A partial view of 40' wood reefer WRX #9048 appears in a photo posted
on STMFC (see AC&Y ex-P&N boxcars). I had not noticed the Western
#9048? No other identification is visible except the end reporting