Apex Tri-Lok modeling in HO

David

Hello-

I am looking for an HO scale Apex Tri-Lok running board.

I have found several sources for "Apex" running boards but nothing
specifically "Apex Tri-Lok". Is it safe to assume that Apex Tri-Lok is
usually shortened to just Apex or are there other more common Apex
running boards?

None of the catalog images are clear enough for me to make out the
details for myself.

Thanks
David Snook
Wichita, KS

Richard Hendrickson

On Dec 20, 2007, at 5:58 PM, David wrote:

Hello-

I am looking for an HO scale Apex Tri-Lok running board.

I have found several sources for "Apex" running boards but nothing
specifically "Apex Tri-Lok". Is it safe to assume that Apex Tri-Lok is
usually shortened to just Apex or are there other more common Apex
running boards?
What we commonly call Apex running boards were what Apex called
"Tri-Lok" running boards, that being their trade name for the process
by which the metal components were assembled. AFAIK Apex never made
any other type of running board, but even if they did it was not widely
used and the Tri-Lok design was the one that was applied to thousands
of freight cars from the mid-1930s until running boards began to be
phased out in the '60s.

Richard Hendrickson