1904 Library of Congress Film

RichBeau <RichBeau@...>

Stumbled across this 2-part 1904 video in the Library of Congress of
the Westinghouse Works in Western PA. There's a couple of interesting
things about this; 1) it's taken from somewhere on a moving train, and
2) if you pay attention there's some great views turn-of-the-century
freight cars.

http://memory.loc.gov/mbrs/westhpp/2237s2.mpg

http://memory.loc.gov/mbrs/westhpp/2237s2.mpg

Enjoy!
--Rich Beaubien
Bolton MA

Kurt Laughlin <fleeta@...>

Note the corrected link below. . .

That's the East Pittsburg(h) Works in East Pittsburgh/Turtle Creek. The camera was running on the PRR.

KL
.

http://memory.loc.gov/mbrs/westhpp/2237s1.mpg

http://memory.loc.gov/mbrs/westhpp/2237s2.mpg

Enjoy!
--Rich Beaubien
Bolton MA

Larry Kline

The top level web page for these films is:
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/browse/ListSome.php?format=Motion+Picture

There are 20 films for Westinghouse and Westinghouse Air Brake
and many more listed under other topics.

Larry Kline
Pittsburgh, PA

--- In STMFC@..., "Kurt Laughlin" <fleeta@...> wrote:

Note the corrected link below. . .

That's the East Pittsburg(h) Works in East Pittsburgh/Turtle Creek. The
camera was running on the PRR.

KL
.
Stumbled across this 2-part 1904 video in the Library of Congress of
the Westinghouse Works in Western PA. There's a couple of interesting
things about this; 1) it's taken from somewhere on a moving train, and
2) if you pay attention there's some great views turn-of-the-century
freight cars.

http://memory.loc.gov/mbrs/westhpp/2237s1.mpg

http://memory.loc.gov/mbrs/westhpp/2237s2.mpg

Enjoy!
--Rich Beaubien
Bolton MA

Scott Pitzer

--- In STMFC@..., "Larry Kline" <lndkline@...> wrote:

The top level web page for these films is:
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/browse/ListSome.php?format=Motion+Picture
If you look on this page on the link to "McKinley, William..." and on
that linked page for
"Execution of Czolgosz, with panorama of Auburn Prison"
there are some fairly good views of freight cars passing the prison at
the start.

Scott Pitzer

Charlie Vlk

This site is a treasure trove of pictures. Some of the links to trade publications are pretty good too. I did a search on "locomotive"
and was able to find a file of modern and historic photos of the CB&Q Aurora Shops. The High Res Tiff files are pretty good. Downloaded
them and opened them up in Corel Draw; was able to zoom in on individual freight cars and some very interesting Waycars.... including some
bobbers that predate anything we previously have known about. There is also a strange looking regular waycar; the shops did contract work
so it might not be CB&Q (nor the bobbers for that matter but they have a "Q" look to them.
Thanks for the link!
Charlie Vlk

RichBeau <RichBeau@...>

I knew you guys would find stuff I only stumble across in my haphazard
middle-of-the-holiday-rumble.

--Rich Beaubien
Bolton MA