Rock Island Decals for Steel Rebuild of USRA DS Boxcar

matt

Hi Guys,

I am after some HO Decals for Rock Island Steel Rebuild USRA Double
Sheathed Boxcar circa 1950.

Does anybody know if any sets are available and by whom?

thanks for your help in advance

Regards

Matt Strickland

jerryglow2

How do you plan to build the car? I built a SLSF one from Tichy sides
and ends with a scratchbuilt roof but the RI one is taller and even
though I could make modified ends, don't know what to do for the sides.
I made the one I have from a long discontinued Sunshine kit.
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/modeling/SLSF_rebuilt.html
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/modeling/RI_rebuild.html

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., "matthewjstrickland"
<matthewjstrickland@...> wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am after some HO Decals for Rock Island Steel Rebuild USRA Double
Sheathed Boxcar circa 1950.

Does anybody know if any sets are available and by whom?

thanks for your help in advance

Regards

Matt Strickland

Steve and Barb Hile

Jerry, Matt,

Sunshine has recently re-released the RI USRA rebuilds. They had them for sale at Naperville.

Perhaps Sunshine will sell just the decals. Otherwise, several of the RI boxcar decal sets from Champ will provide the Route of the Rockets slogan. The large logo (herald) is too small in the basic sets, but they sell a separate 36 inch herald as well.

Shameless plug: I do sell the correct size boxcar heralds (and also a size for cabooses) in my RI decals. Please contact me off list for a list of decals.

Regards,

Steve Hile

<matthewjstrickland@...> wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am after some HO Decals for Rock Island Steel Rebuild USRA Double
Sheathed Boxcar circa 1950.

Does anybody know if any sets are available and by whom?

thanks for your help in advance

Regards

Matt Strickland

jerryglow2

That's good news. They generally sell decals for current items.

Jerry Glow

<matthewjstrickland@> wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am after some HO Decals for Rock Island Steel Rebuild USRA
Double
Sheathed Boxcar circa 1950.

Does anybody know if any sets are available and by whom?

thanks for your help in advance

Regards

Matt Strickland

MDelvec952

In a message dated 1/12/2008 11:35:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
shile@... writes:

The RI Emblem (herald to some) on Steam Era (and later) boxcars was more
like 4 feet six inches across, making the Champ separate herald decal still
undersized.

The ones that I sell and the ones in the Sunshine kit are correctly sized.

<<<<<<<<<<<

When Martin was first getting rolling with Sunshine he would sometimes offer
decals, and a couple of times I sent in requests with car orders. Haven't
dealt with him a long time, though, but I'm glad to hear that he's
re-releasing the Rock Island rebuilds as the ends were correct for a small number of
Lackawanna rebuilds of wood-sided cars into steel autocars.

Does anyone know if Martin is going to Springfield, Mass., end of this month?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Del Vecchio

Steve and Barb Hile

Upon further review:

The RI Emblem (herald to some) on Steam Era (and later) boxcars was more like 4 feet six inches across, making the Champ separate herald decal still undersized.

The ones that I sell and the ones in the Sunshine kit are correctly sized.

Sorry for not passing more complete information, sooner.

Regards,
Steve Hile

--- In STMFC@..., shile@... wrote:

> Jerry, Matt,
>
> Sunshine has recently re-released the RI USRA rebuilds. They had
them for sale at Naperville.

> Perhaps Sunshine will sell just the decals. Otherwise, several of
the RI boxcar decal sets from Champ will provide the Route of the
Rockets slogan. The large logo (herald) is too small in the basic
sets, but they sell a separate 36 inch herald as well.

> Shameless plug: I do sell the correct size boxcar heralds (and
also a size for cabooses) in my RI decals. Please contact me off
list for a list of decals.

> Regards,
>
> Steve Hile

DS Boxcar

> >How do you plan to build the car? I built a SLSF one from Tichy
sides
> >and ends with a scratchbuilt roof but the RI one is taller and
even
> >though I could make modified ends, don't know what to do for the
sides.
> >I made the one I have from a long discontinued Sunshine kit.
> >http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/modeling/SLSF_rebuilt.html
> >http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/modeling/RI_rebuild.html
> >
> >Jerry Glow
> >
> >--- In STMFC@..., "matthewjstrickland"
> ><matthewjstrickland@> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Guys,
> >>
> >> I am after some HO Decals for Rock Island Steel Rebuild USRA
Double
> >> Sheathed Boxcar circa 1950.
> >>
> >> Does anybody know if any sets are available and by whom?
> >>
> >> thanks for your help in advance
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Matt Strickland

jerryglow2

I asked that question about a month ago and the response was that he
dosen't do that show.

Jerry Glow