McMaster Carr

ed_mines

I've used McMasters for over 25 years, mostly for my employers but
i've had some home deliveries too.

They are expensive but you can expect delivery quickly.

They have a lot of items and multiple warehouses but they are not all
inclusive. I found items not included in the McMasters catalog (I
remember small hose clamps but there were others) in an industrial
supplier in Ridgefield, NJ.

A couple of items you should consider if you put in an order with
McMasters -

* machine screws for attaching trucks. I got boxes of 100 for about
$2.50/box (more now). They are not self cutting like the screws
Athearn traditionally provided but I never had any thouble in casting
resin if I drilled a pilot hole.
* Soft iron wire (smallest size which was .014 inches {14 mils}.1
roll has been a life time supply. The roll I have is uniformerly flat
black but larger sizes aren't. This makes nice grab irons. It was
perfect for Intermountain SFRD reefers
* mold release in aerosol cans for casting

Ed