Truck question - model

destron@...

I've uploaded a photo of a truck on a P&N caboose (in the Frank's
Randomness folder in the Files section). Is there a model available of a
truck like this? If not, is there anything semi-similar that could either
stand in or be modified?

Thanks

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

-----
http://hydrorail.hostwq.net/index.html - Rails along the Fraser
http://hydrorail.rrpicturearchives.net/ - Rail Photos

Mike Fortney

It strongly resembles a Wolff leaf spring truck.
Compare with #125 here:

http://www.bethlehemcarworks.com/Products/Kit_Bits/index.html#Trucks

Mike Fortney

--- In STMFC@..., destron@... wrote:

I've uploaded a photo of a truck on a P&N caboose (in the Frank's
Randomness folder in the Files section). Is there a model available of a
truck like this? If not, is there anything semi-similar that could
either
stand in or be modified?

Thanks

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

-----
http://hydrorail.hostwq.net/index.html - Rails along the Fraser
http://hydrorail.rrpicturearchives.net/ - Rail Photos

Richard Hendrickson

On Mar 11, 2008, at 7:29 AM, destron@... wrote:

I've uploaded a photo of a truck on a P&N caboose (in the Frank's
Randomness folder in the Files section). Is there a model available
of a
truck like this? If not, is there anything semi-similar that could
either
stand in or be modified?
Frank, that's an early L-section Andrews truck with sloping journal box
retainer bars very similar to the Andrews truck made in HO scale by
Kadee, except that it had elliptical leaf springs rather than coil
springs. It should be fairly easy to convert the Kadee truck if you
can find leaf springs; Precision Scale has some (their #31968),
intended for use as Rio Grande NG caboose truck springs, that might
work.

Richard Hendrickson