MILW boxcar

John F. Pautz <jfpautz@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Dean Payne" <1payne1@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@..., bill davis <billcheri72@> wrote:

Hi Guys,
What color red was used on MILW rib side boxcars and what model
paint matches it.
BILL
BoxCarRed !!??

John F. Pautz
American Switch & Signal
P:48 track components

Dennis Williams

Which is the better, Rib Side or the Sunshine?? Dennis
--- Dean Payne <1payne1@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@..., bill davis
<billcheri72@...> wrote:

Hi Guys,
What color red was used on MILW rib side boxcars
and what model
paint matches it.
BILL

According to the instructions on my Rib Side Cars
kit, the matching
paint for what they used is Polyscale F404079, Oxide
Red. I do not
know if this is considered the most accurate color
by the experts.
I've heard "� a mixture of Accupaint Oxide Red and
Freight Car Brown"
as well, but I forget the exact source.
Dean Payne

Dean Payne