Houston Roundhouse Closing

Paul Hillman

For those in the Houston, Texas area, The Houston Roundhouse Hobby Shop
is going out of business. They are, to me, the best stocked railroad
shop in the Houston area, if not the whole state.

They are offering big discounts on everything for the next two months,
their huge stock of brass too, I guess. Time for me to go wild and
stock up on RR stuff.

Humm!!....Where are all my credit cards at??

Paul Hillman

m repka

-

Chris, would that be the same hobby shop that I
always
made a point to get to, if I had a rental car
whenever
I was there on the job, in Bellaire, and it used to
be
called Bellaire Roundhouse? I think that main street
nearby was Bellaire Blvd., and it was not that far
from the Galleria, which I would stop at on the same
trip? Mike in St. Petersburg Fla.

Paul Hillman

Mike,

Yes, it used to be the Bellaire Roundhouse, but he moved, I don't know, maybe 10 years ago, to South Main in Houston, and called it the, "Houston Roundhouse". The store is much bigger now than when on (& in) Bellaire.

If you have a Houston map, the store is at where Main Street intersects the southern (east-west bound) part of the 610 Loop.

Paul Hillman